Gone Skateboarding?

Where is this curb please and can we all arrange a meet up at it. Possibly with bbqs?

1 Like

don’t you see the palm in the background? clearly its the med somewhere. we’re gonna have to all book a plane flight :smiley:

i love going to skatepark manufacturer’s websites and seeing other parks they’ve built

edit - @BDF they built godmanchester!

1 Like

Div works for Maverick, they’re sick. Canvas are good too even though I think Beanhead works for them.

canvas is alright. that park in Acton West London is a fantastic park but they put fucking flower beds in the middle of it -

i fucked up a trick and my leading foot slipped into the flower bed and i mega rolled my ankle. was not stoked. such an unnecessary thing to put there

edit - the two parks they built in Cambridge are trash too but then they had very limited space so not necessarily on them

1 Like

Ah…haha! I don’t have much experience I always just think of Campus Pool which I really like.

Canvas built the park in Leamington which I think is a right laugh, but a certain subset of locals in Leam, Stratford and Cov aren’t keen on it. Everything’s quite compact and whippy, which I think is super fun, but it’s not to everyone’s taste.

I know we had some problems with tree roots to contend with which squeezed the available space a bit. There are some weird design decisions with the layout but compared to the pre-fab rubbish I grew up skating in Coventry it’s great fun, and I’m still finding new ways to skate it 5 years after it was built.

Speaking of which I tried to go skate it at lunch but got rained out by a torrential downpour after it had been dry all morning :sob:

1 Like

man i can’t believe those prefab parks are still everywhere. they were terrible to begin with and have not aged well at all. some of them are proper death traps now. i will admit though, the black metal ones that have the long mellow hubba’s are fun as fuck

1 Like

The company who built my local growing up like to go on about how their parks are guaranteed to last for 50 years by a study from Warwick University, but I’ve long thought that was bullshit. My old childhood local didn’t even last 10 years before the pre-fab panels started sinking into the ground and the poured concrete on the floor became as rough as a cheese grater. 20 years on and the place is just crumbling apart.

Lets not forget that Maverick was born from GBH!

Just kidding, I think they have earned the right to sever that link forever.
Really nice to see more imaginative ideas like the one with the amazing kerb, I think if I got into designing parks for real i’d have really enjoyed going in some creative areas.

3 Likes

Was it built by bencrete?

I didn’t want to name and shame… but yeah :laughing:

I remember when I heard that connection I was sceptical of them. They quickly proved there was no need to doubt them. I’ve never had a bad time at a Maverick park.

Any Bristol people on here and up for a skate I’m heading to centre spot with these later around 6/6.30

11 Likes

Thought it was sounds like my local growing up. Concrete ramps dropped into place, the ground rough as sand paper. That made a euro gap that sunk into the floor or something and had to get knocked down.

Used to skate with a mate down there who was living in Cov for uni - said he enjoyed skating our local because it reminded him of home… the layout was exactly the same, pulled out of a catalogue :man_facepalming:

Hi Ade! It’s mofuggs. Nice to be seeing you here

1 Like

That’s amazing :+1:

When I was in Liverpool a couple of weeks back a couple of lads brought a portable ledge that looked like it slotted together.

1 Like

No way!!! Stoked to see you on here!