Gone Skateboarding?

Thanks everyone for the advice, I got powerslides tonight going downhill at a car park on a slope. Carving into it helped. Stoked

4 Likes

Couple of hours out yesterday. Did my first ever flatbar 50-50. Rail was only set to 6” high but I’ve had a mental block on them for well over 20 years. Properly pleased with myself!

14 Likes

Full edit by Mike Bennett of Rolling Through The Boro from the other Sunday…

Monday night curbs

4 Likes

Got up early and got 2 new ones before the rain last Sat, felt good. :blush:

8 Likes

the screenshot made me think you were switch nosegrinding!

Ha! I don’t think I could switch nosegrind a curb, it’d be too low.

1 Like

Session #3 of the big comeback.

I used to be alright at skateboarding. Never reached good but I was competent at the basics.

Tonight I was dumping my kegs just trying to axle stall the shallow end.

My head is saying its all still in there but I’ve literally lost all muscle memory. I’m reset to absolute beginner but with adult responsibilities of knowing I can’t get hurt.

It’s horrible but I did at least land 5 kickflips in a row first go which was progress from my 1 in 30 in my last skate.

Blah blah. I need a wooden mini I think. Get the sea legs back.

19 Likes

Rad! You need wider trucks, don’t you?

Lost all my flatground moves too. Only skated curbs, manual pads and mellow transitions since last autumn as I didn’t want to get hurt during the pandemic.
Struggled to land a nollie flip the other day but got a good one first go yesterday, felt really good. Took me 5 or 6 goes to land a terrible kickflip though. Gonna try to get my shit back.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe to skate concrete bowls. Won’t be going back there for a while though.

I need to build a portable grind box next I think.

2 Likes

My local spot… had a good solo sesh last night, well rusty but got most of my lame trick bag back

8 Likes

What is it??

paddling pool / pound shop flushing meadows

12 Likes

ballsed up my quote lol

Portable box and rail were the best things ever for me. Own mini park in my boot!

13 Likes

Middle of the road as well YOLO

7 Likes

Haha! Thankfully the road is closed! Here now and it’s great, no people so super quiet.

2 Likes

looks bloody lovely, we had a spot just like that during lockdown last year. the warehouse it leads up to is open now but the waxed kerb & floor there were absolutely premium

1 Like

It’s not too bad here, floor a bit harsh on the deck, but good enough. There were plans to build another 6 or 7 huge units but that was pre-brexit/covid.

It’ll be a done spot one day but for now it’s great!

I get this every time I go out and by the time I feel warmed up it’s time to go home.
:smiley:

Edit: Highlights(?) from my last ‘session’…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPjWt-RlDXM/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

Rolling around Chepstow to look for spots and I skipped a little ollie off a tiny 2 step. What I didnt know is that the floor of the landing was an unskateable cheese grater and I went down like a 16 stone sack of spuds.

First slam in years. Almost feels good but also, you know, feels terrible.

Need to just find a no-ollie spot somewhere now. My ollieing days are over.

8 Likes