Gone Skateboarding?

Looks shit. I can stand still in my own house thank you very much.

3 Likes

Not into boat shoes.

I did it once in the Caribbean and was hungover, it was shit.

Am going to try it on the lake this morning.

I’m sure it will be shit.

Re SUP’ers: As someone who is somewhat of a waterman I can’t help feeling a certain way about them and there’s an analogy I can use that I think you’ll all relate to - remember when rollerbladers flooded our spots and skateparks, then it was scooter kids…

4 Likes

Well that general look.

I like a driving shoe in the summer haha.

As a shortboarding skateboarder and 100% no compromise short boarding surfer regardless of how heavy I get in middle age, I stand completely in solidarity with what you’re getting at.

4 Likes

What is an acceptable lake activity? Kayak? Sailing?

1 Like

sitting in a dinghy boozing

1 Like

With a wireless speaker.

1 Like

yeah that sounds good, i’ve got a few bits i can bring also. if we scope a car park closeish to oxford but not in oxford then i’d be up for that week after next!

2 Likes

bang on

i’ll be going cann hall first then hackney bumps next saturday i believe, not sure how good that is for anyone on here but would love to see a few faces if poss !

also potential for that grove diy too

I don’t really mess with freshwater apart from the stuff that comes out of my taps. So an acceptable ‘lake activity’ for me would be sitting in one of these

whilst operating one of these

4 Likes

I bought a paddleboard. Quickly figured out that the only good way to use it is as a floating sun lounger. Paddling out and reading in the middle of a lake is pretty relaxing.

3 Likes

I think for it to be mildly fun you have to get a fast one.

Even though it’s a lake, and even though I’m 42 and not 8, Jaws did a good enough job on me as a kid to make me permanently think a shark is coming for me when I lie on water.

5 Likes

Keep me in the loop.

1 Like

just been out bombing hills in the countryside as the sun set, bladdy beautiful

edit - feck it here’s some pics cos it was lovely

filmed it landscape for insta story soz

10 Likes

Could go in just about any thread…

6 Likes