Gone Skateboarding?

See you nerds there. Will be driving from Oxford in a Volvo estate for ultimate old man points.

5 Likes

@Spanky why did you close the separate thread? this deserves it mang!

1 Like

Totally.

the prizes are excellent. 10 out of 10 whoever came up with them :grinning:

2 Likes

Shiner stuff and Heathen, so Rollersnakes I guess…?

1 Like

Its organised by Dadlands/Groans/Snakes so yes

Ok ok I will unlock it

4 Likes

Couple of hours or so earlier on new deck and wheels. Didn’t land much, but no big deal, nice to get out.

1 Like

any of you lot heading to prissick for the bingo jam?

Heading over in the next hour!

Fuck I am so gutted I can’t make that jam

2 Likes

We could start a gofundme to bring Spanky over and achieve his dream

3 Likes

Took the slappy parking block out to Morrisons car park yesterday. Still getting the hang of it but great fun.

7 Likes

did you make that or buy it? wouldnt mind one myself!

Yeah spill the beans. I need that in my life.

Bought it from Ramp Supply, they do a 4ft and a 6ft one, this the 6ft one. Could definitely make one cheaper but I do not have the skills or the tools so it was a no brainer. Ramp Supply Parking Block

4 Likes

Hmmm £160 for a grind box. It’s a lot of money for a wooden box but I also know I don’t possess the tools, time or effort to make one myself…

1 Like

Yeah my skate skills aren’t good enough for the grind box hence just the parking block. Going to make a manny pad out of pallets though because their manny pad is way overpriced

When you break it down £160 isn’t a bad price . Birch ply is £75+ a sheet if you can get any , £30 for the timber frame , £30 for the angle then add fixings and varnish . Plus wages and overheads and delivery.
Clearly they will be getting deals etc but making it yourself with the same stuff won’t save you that much .

I’m actually surprised ramp supply are making much profit at the mo with the materials issues the UK has.

4 Likes

Tell me about it. Wood has gone through the roof. Im jealous you get the skipwood you do! Id love grabbing some of that!