Gone Skateboarding?

Cool. When I saw you, an actual ramp making wizard, replied I thought you were going to have a right go at me.

I hopitalized myself doing some painting before so I think it’s important I’m never allowed to use power tools.

4 Likes

Haha I would if you’d still said it was too much after my reply.

And using power tools to paint , yeah I see your problem.

1 Like

Kids, never try to drill paint to a wall.

It. Doesn’t. Work.

3 Likes

I think my box was about £80 in materials. But in the quest for lightness (I’m a weakling and it has to be liftable alone) I had to replace the top as I broke through, so add an extra £20 for some 9mm ply which seems tough enough for me.

Plus it took me a while to build and isn’t exactly carpenter quality.

An extra £60 for someone to do it (and make a living from it) is pretty good all things considered!

Too hot for this shit today. But I skated something that wasn’t a curb so worth a post.

9 Likes

Cool! Or hot…shrugs.

Gonna head out later once work is done.

Do you just upload a clip from your phone? I have a nice slam to share from last weekend lol

1 Like

I used streamable.com

1 Like

Cheers, will take a look!

Found that block of concrete and put it up there, it was heavy as fuck but I’m stoked to have a new obstacle at my local ghetto park.

8 Likes

Not much is more fun for an ageing skater than a bank to curb.

5 Likes

Absolutely! There’s a good one in a neighbouring town but it’s a bit low and really rounded and this one is in my village so that’s even cooler.
I might put a Euro pallet instead of that block up there so kids can move it if it bothers them. Got loads of ideas of tricks I wanna learn on that! The bank is well uneven though, pretty dented. Even better, haha. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I drove 30 something minutes to do a boardslide on a flat bar and a backside flip on flat in the dark.

Bolts though. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

in london saturday so aiming for the no comply exhibition for 1pm. thinking a quick nip over to SB straight after as i haven’t been since it’s opened up then my mate lives near mile end so probably head there also even though i’m not the biggest fan, want to be staying fairly central so if anyone’s got any decent shouts hit me up

i’ll probably end up drinking 6 cans on the train down and sacking it off mind

5 Likes

Been out a couple of times over the weekend. Lowered my box from 12” to 8” so I have a fighting chance of doing more than 50-50s.

Probably out tomorrow night, solo as usual.

1 Like

It took a single mention on the MAS forum followed by looking up parish council records to find this five minutes from my new house.

For weeks I’ve been looking up mini ramps and there was this just down the road. Just started raining when I got here. It looks like fun to me.

4 Likes

Looks great, yeah!

I have a ramp supply ramp and grind box. Both are sick. Great materials etc etc

2 Likes

Winterbourne and Thornbury I think have some.

No idea where you are, but Hereford and Cirencester are in that neck of the woods (S. Glos I think). Not metal or wooden minis though.

Winterbourne is the Campus indoor park - https://www.campusskateparks.co.uk/our-parks. Pigdog and his crew of fellow born and bred Bristolians often hit that one up on Thursdays.

Woah, those two parks look fantastic! Well jealous.