Gone Skateboarding?

Just had a go on that concrete pump track at Desborough. Pre 9am and my legs are dead after only a few laps.

Designed for mountain bikers and skaters alike, what could go wrong?!

:grin: :grin: :peach: :eggplant:

2 hours i’ll never get back haha.

that thing is deadly, absolutely exhausting

such a big issue with most of these new concrete parks, always trying to get the most stuff in there for the budget they’ve got instead of giving the room to actually skate it

1 Like

quite a few of the ones ive seen built in recent years have issues where the council has set out a specific size, the planners have designed a park and provided a quote, the quote is too high so the council reduces the alloted size. the planners then just seem to wing it and try to fit in as much of the original design as possible

Ealing’s Gurnell park ended up like that. there’s a huge bank directly into a manual pad

2 Likes

Absolutely, less is definitely more. Would way prefer a park which is a bit more sparse, lots of smooth concrete and space between obstacles.

2 Likes

in east anglia loads of the parks are designed more specifically for scooter kids it seems. all of them are surrounded with transition so there’s no real flat, no real space

There used to be a trend of picking a kid out of the usergroup to design it and theyd wring as much out of the budget as possible so it was useless

'Trees is great. Right by the river in a beautiful park and the “vibe” down there is always sound. The bank to kerb is a lot more accessible than that render suggests.

I wanted to try that park in York when I was working there last week, it pissed it down. The park in Harrogate is always a favourite of mine.

Only went round 3 or 4 times and my legs were on fire

1 Like

Ah nice one, love a bank to kerb.

croxley green :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Pioneer next Wednesday anyone? Also kind of open to XC but prefer Pioneer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

keen for pioneer

2 Likes

Yeah, up for either

lovely stuff - pioneer it is then!

won’t be there till 8 on weds btw - looking forward to it !