Be kind rewind

Got it lined up for a watch…tons o’ tabs to get through.

1 Like

Yeah, but fuck Pat Duffy.

There were too many shitposts just saying “lol” or “haha” so it got changed.

Also Pat Duffy is a right-wing anti-vax Covid-denying dickhead.

As an example, his most recent RT seems to be saying there’s no such thing as hate speech.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OKpCPzzbU

maybe it’s the EMB effect, but seeing skaters at their local spot is inspiring.
the creativity within a finite playground, limited palette… [/wanks metaphor]

(irony alert; i would fast-forward video parts filmed all on the same ramp with the premise “it’s boring to look at”. hahaha)

7 Likes

I saw a clip of Reynolds on nine club the other week saying how some kid switch backside flipped Wallenberg after he did it, and I thought he was getting confused/being non specific.

But turns out some kid actually did. DJ Gaudin. How did this not blow up more? Never heard of the guy

Also Forrest with the switch flip.

4 Likes

And Danny Gonzalez with the kickflip melon in '99.

Maybe this guy’s just a bit of a dick too?

1 Like

I did yeah. Gnarly. I had to fast forward through the bit with Greco and Phelps in the car though, as I couldn’t deal with their forced personas

YouTube just recommended a weekend buzz and Forrest said the guy started doing switch flip while he was trying switch flip and had to be told to stop

I mean, they’re both kooks so it doesn’t surprise me they tried to outdo each other.

1 Like

It wasn’t a diss, i just thought they were playing up their ‘elder’ roles for the camera.

Anyway, if this JD guy had Phelps and Grecos backing and still disappeared so quickly, he must have blown it somehow

That hammer report is so fucking good.

Bring it. Don’t Sing It.

3 Likes

Jake was so polarising and I think that is a good thing in skateboarding.
He was and is a driving force…and ultimately, it only ever made things better.

Yeah, I miss him being around.

2 Likes

I guess he’s one of those people you have to meet in order to get. I personally think he’s a dick based on what I have seen but I can totally accept I may be wrong and I could change my mind if I did meet him but also, it could just confirm my opinion. Regardless, he was needed in skating and will be missed. RIP.

1 Like

I know this - Harry Lintell was really intimidated by him on a trip. Couldn’t function around him because
that’s just how Harry is.

Harry sat back at the spots he didn’t have anything for and let others do their thing and have their moment where perhaps the new guy in the van might have been try hard at every opportunity…and when a spot came up he felt he had something for, he went all in.

A few days in, Jake came up to Harry and haded him some cash. Harry thought it was payment which would be followed by a trick demand or similar…but Jake told him it was solely because he appreciated the way he rolled.

Harry wasn’t the loudest voice or even the ‘best’ skater on the trip. But like I say; he went in when he could and gave others the space to do the same without much noise.

That’s pretty sick of Jake and I think says a lot about him.

13 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Absolutely. Jesus skating to Spanish music in Pretty Sweet was kinda corny but Jacopo to this song worked so well.

Any excuse for this:

3 Likes

So so good!

a video history of Pulaski skateboarding would be immense.
Chris Hall, Pepe, Stone, Pooch, Mullendore, Worrest…

3 Likes

…plus the Pete Thompson book. Sorted.

3 Likes

Kinda miss BATB.

4 Likes