Be kind rewind

Rinsed the ‘Life Splicing’ edits this evening. I said it on here semi-recently but Benny Maglinao’s take on Workshop visuals was outstanding.

This is heavy as fuck and maybe the best of the lot. That line in the bowl, back feeble on his Dodge truck - and there’s something really sick about seeing a dude John’s size tackling bigger than average handrails and hubbas.

Looks rad wearing SK8-His too. Wish he still rode for Vans.

4 Likes

Classic photo for sure but so many people skated Hubba Hideout that the scale of it just became the norm.

Whereas with John: those double barrelled concrete hubba/handrails in Forum are huge, and pretty untapped (as far as I’ve seen), Stanford is a staple but a less rinsed - and alley-ooping onto it is bonkers, then that thing he wallie boardslides at the end is comically oversized.

1 Like

OMG, this is some grail shit!

1 Like

Enjoyed this Justin Eldridge part, didn’t realise how good he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iemj0YCY5E&ab_channel=crailtap

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong but I got the impression when Yeah Right and Hot Chocolate Tour came out he was really the “hot shit” and tipped to be huge. Injuries held him back I guess.

I felt like it took him ten years to finally put out a full part after never managing to do tons.

He was injured a lot but also, I felt like he never really progressed until Pretty Sweet from the moment he showed up.

The nollie nosegrind thing seemed to put him high in people’s estimations. I just remember him being banded around in the same sort of groups as P Rod and that like. But then just drifted away. His Pretty Sweet part is technically great I just can’t get on with China footage. The ledges look that slick it looks like borderline cheating haha.

3 Likes

Yeah, China footage…Might as well just Berra it.

3 Likes

Join a cult?

1 Like

Join the cunt?

Now there’s a guy who wouldn’t survive in this pub…

IIRC wasn’t Greco on a load of those sessions with Berra. Around about Baker 3 sort of time.

2 Likes

Not sure. But Greco is fucking sick.

It doesnt get any better than this.

5 Likes

Classic

Always and forever.

1 Like

Gold

3 Likes

I think a lot of people sort of forgot about him because as mentioned he came out hot as the new rookie and then didn’t really do much for like 5 years mid career. Nice style though.

Actually surprised they got the music rights for Lucky in that

Weren’t Girl in a N.E.R.D video? Maybe they have an in with Pharrell.

That was a puffy one.
Prob a spike hook up, did their first vid innit.

1 Like

Oh right, yeah that then, haha. I remember Rock Star having skating but rewatching it, the skaters aren’t pro, haha.

TK was in the video for “drop it like it’s hot”. Girl guys were in a Kanye video IIRC.

1 Like