Concrete Reality (architecture &/or skateboarding)

Reminds me of the time I went to quadrophenia alley where Jimmy shags Lesley ash.

Was a bit depressing truth be told.

2 Likes

Is there any footage from here?

Scarborough, photos from last summer - it could be possible to ollie into it and drop into the middle :doughnut:

2 Likes

After you sir.

7 Likes

Related-enough?

3 Likes

Little bit of a hijack. Some local 70s concert that could do with our help, give it a sign if you can. Had so many good times here over the years and hopefully many more to still come. Not much beats a summer night down here pissing about.

4 Likes

Don’t know why but this place came into my head . Built in 1991 and rapidly started falling apart on its exterior in the last 10 years ( last refurb was 2008)

We skated it 2 years ago and was actually good to skate but , the tiles don’t hold up at all. It’s like they used normal domestic wall adhesive and expected them to last exposed to years of UK weather .

Anyway it’s a mad building that once again has fallen into disrepair.

4 Likes

Spent a lot of my childhood there!

Theres a really quick slam clip in Cover Version there. Conor Charleson.
Can’t remember what he was trying, though…I should return sometime. Dope spot. Hard to figure, tho.

2 Likes

Is this part of the Barbican still skatable?

3 Likes

Used to take my kid to Bedford pools and always wondered what it’d be like to skate!

yeah, but its all fixed wiith protruding tiles now so almost completely unskateable.

1 Like

thought that may be the case.
damn, that Insane vid footage looks fun

1 Like

Not skateable but do you guys have water towers where you live? There’s a few in Glasgow but I can’t think of where else I’ve seen them.

3 Likes

We have them here in Cambridgeshire. Ain’t no one jumping from one to another though

2 Likes

I’ll look out some photos I’ve taken of various ones but first stop has to be this ace Insta account

2 Likes

There is this one, on the M11 between London and Stansted.

Amusingly, I went through a period of telling everyone who I’d give a ride to the airport that Harlow was where Badminton was invented and this is a monument to that piece of the towns history.
I also know that sometimes conversations move on fast in groups and I dropped off some folks while at my previous employer having forgotten to fess up that I was bullshitting them.
I kinda hope they are passing it along. It would be great to one day hear that back from someone as if it was a truth…

6 Likes

Yeah, got a load up here - should have some pics later this week

Had a look round this one in Bristol a few years back, not sure if it’s still in operation?

1 Like

Sheffield

3 Likes

That one’s about 1/2 a mile from my house.

1 Like