Covid

Ian Brown
Noel Gallagher
Morrisey
Van Morrison…

1 Like

Going cashless is just going to fuck over the most vulnerable people in society, a terrible idea and very privileged to think otherwise

1 Like

People are going mad over it though, thinking that’s the end goal of this whole massive conspiracy.

Bought a sandwich and am now cashless.

I think shops not taking cash at the start of lockdown gave it some traction too.

Every shop I went in that said they were cashless were accepting cash though.

Besides like sains and waitrose.

2 Likes

Drugs

And Sandwiches

Bitcoin probably be the best currency for criminals once the lower end criminals learn how to use it.

Supermarkets were cash/card at self service and cards only at manned/person’ed tills at the start. Can’t remember if that is still the case? I’ve definitely used cash now at the little kiosk on the way out, that has a person in it (I’m 99% sure I have). A few cash only places around here too.

Yeah a Tesco I was in tried to bin someone off but the was a till down the end with float in for cash transactions

Pretty dumb to turn down business these days.

2 Likes

Petrol stations night service were cash only and card only inside in the end, took them a while though

1 Like

I know some local skaters who regularly buy odd strains of kush through an app/link on DuckDuckGo and pay via some money/bitcoin app thing

1 Like

I really don’t understand the appeal of this. The last time I smoked weed it was stronger than most class A drugs in regards to a physical high.

What happened to that weed we used to smoke that gave a nice little buzz?

Too strong now imo.

Fully with you on this, I’ve seen more people turn into complete tweakers from weed in the last 10 years than ever before

Yeah I could never figure out if it was me or the weed. When I was at uni we used to have tea+spliff+mortal Kombat sessions every other day and it was all nice and chill.

Now if I ever try it I’m spinning out and paranoid (all like all my friends want to kill me paranoid) and puking within minutes. Literally sends me nuts.

I’d be very very surprised if schools close (totally) again.
Lots of year groups out from various schools around Yorkshire but no plans for wholesale closures.

With the above said - the scenario where lots of (not all) schools close is more likely to be down to teachers self-isolating because of symptoms and not being able to get tests = not enough staff to open.

Colleague needed a test a week ago, nearest available one was in fucking Edinburgh and he’s in a nominally high-risk BAME group too.
Ridiculous.

I arrived into Oslo last week for a job and there’s a free Covid test at the airport, followed by mandatory quarantine (for UK and other “risk” country arrivals) until the test results come back.

After the 1st negative result (from the airport) you wait a day in quarantine and then go for a 2nd test.
Once 2nd test comes back you can be fully out of quarantine. Otherwise you need to do a total of 10 days at home. They keep your details and check up on you.

Absolutely noone here is wearing a mask. Public transport is maskless, bars all full, people going to indoor concerts etc. You are encouraged to sanitize your hands + keep a 1m distance but it’s almost treated like an optional thing.

It feels very surreal and unnerving.

1 Like