Covid

Do there?
I’ve only heard of the ones mentioned above, of which one wasn’t.

Well that was yesterday.

I clearly payed less attention to news yesterday.
Thanks for the link.

Some schools are sending kids home if there’s a suspected kid before they’ve even their sted positive. That seems a bit extra, they’re never gonna be in school if that’s the case

Especially at the time of year that we transition between seasons when it isn’t uncommon to pick up colds.

1 Like

it’s only a matter of time, my school has year group ‘bubbles’ which are supposed to moving around the school at seperate times with staggered starts and finishes to the day to keep everyone apart, but they are all using the same classrooms one after another and the same computers etc with no cleaning taking place in the interum. From what I hear thats pretty much the normality. Nobody has the staff numbers/space to do it properly

On a related note this is interesting

No word on whether this could be the case for Covid as well but if it is, that’s a potential bit of relief heading into flu season

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/health/coronavirus/another-51-new-covid-19-cases-confirmed-sunderland-total-83-positive-tests-reported-city-weekend-2498170

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/health/coronavirus/hundreds-told-self-isolate-after-28-people-test-positive-covid-19-following-charity-football-match-wearside-social-club-2963086

1 Like

Too right it is. Not sure if you lads get the Scotch news, but in Glasgow you’re not allowed to visit people anymore, and:

Coronavirus: Social gatherings above six banned in England from 14 September Coronavirus: Social gatherings above six banned in England from 14 September - BBC News

Ffs

I love Christmas as well, it really feels like this year’s could be the worst ever :frowning:

Sage did a report about Unis over the weekend. Only 18% of under 20’s show any symptoms when positive meaning that, without mass testing, loads of students will be walking about passing it on by never knowing and therefore never isolating. And there are millions of them heading to cities all over the country, where they’ll mingle and then take it back home again at Christmas. I work at a Uni, trying to figure out how to manage it, and can’t see how it won’t really quickly just lead to a full
national lockdown before Christmas to be honest. The testing just isn’t there to trace and manage it properly.

It’s literally going to be the ruin and last straw for so many shops and businesses if the second wave hits like the first and it’s full lockdown again. All that Christmas trade up the wall. There will be no coming back.

My kids only went back to school this week, my nephew to Uni too, and this already, it’s not going to plan is it Boris?

Oh no we were supposed to be going to my brother in laws wedding in a couple of weeks.
Oh well it’s his 2nd one in 3 years so🤷‍♂️

The government really fucked us with a lack of clear message. Go back to school, go back to uni, go out to eat, support the restaurants, support the bars, go back to work. They really needed a very clear “BUT you must socially distance”. Too many people think it’s all over and done with

2 Likes

I think weddings are exempt. Education too. I’m hoping anyway, or all the work I’ve done campaigning for our adult learning centres reopen will have been a waste of time.

Meanwhile Hancock is telling us that people with no symptoms are being tested and wasting resources.
Which is it to be?

Can’t see that happening as they have too much (money) to lose. That’s what important to the current Tory government, nothing else.

Apart from when it comes to Brexit, it’s totally fine to destroy the economy for decades to come for that cause.