Covid

dick

3 Likes

Can this be about Covid again.

Anyone in this new lockdown area.

1 Like

Tried to find out on Twiter, but maybe somebody here knows… Do the conspiracy people think that ALL health professionals are in on the big coronavirus hoax, or do they think that all these people who’ve devoted their lives to medicine have been fooled?

I’m sure Jerry Sadowitz had a late night TV show back around the late 90’s early 2000’s. As a teenager I remember enjoying it but probably not understanding much of it and probably waiting for red shoe diaries to start on channel 5.

2 Likes

He did, late on a Friday night.

People round here are saying it’s a planned demic by the gov. Face masks infringe our human rights. It’s all for a cashless society. Covid nothing more than the flu and they are immune to it (guess because they are young and have inflated opinions about themselves)

Same people have the subjects white lives matter and brexit/getting our NHS back on their feeds… yeah um, tell about the covid stuff again?

Wow. Bad luck.

Easy enough to continue steering the population to a cashless society by continuing to close ATMs, printing fewer notes and making it easy to accept card payments with a phone app. The people who actually want ‘real’ money will all be dead soon anyway, and there must be people in the world buying shit now who’ve never had to handle disgusting stinking cash in their lives. Cash is only good for Instagram posts nowadays.

Maybe it’s just that I’d be a terrible super-villian, but I don’t see how destroying the global economy and making everybody hide their faces is good for business. What happens at Anonymous marches now? Do they all take their masks off? If Bill Gates wants to get richer, then killing massive sections of new markets isn’t the best way to go about it either.

2 Likes

Genuine question: doesn’t cash also help homeless people, buskers and people in need who can’t access an account / have lost their card etc.?

Also, how will drug dealers and people working in black market / illegal economies operate?

Yeah going cashless is one of those things that I instinctively laugh at when people complain about it because it’s always consipracy idiots who think the government are creating a pandemic to get rid of cash, but it does have some real affects and isn’t a good idea IMO

I guess it means in the future they will be given actual items and hopefully better things like soup kitchens etc

Drug dealers will get creative, have for years. Crypto for one

I can’t actually remember the last time I drew cash out of the bank.

I stopped using the few out of date car parks due to them not having contactless or app payment/reg plate system

Drugs is literally the only thing I need cash for now. Now that you can tip with a card as well.

Even then you can just do a 50 cent and use play money, just don’t get caught with the same serial number like he did, although it got him out of pay child support by supporting his bankruptcy claim ha

Yeah I did find myself trying to come up with a reasoning to them being right, as you said crashing the economy and spending out like this with no end in sight isn’t the way forward for anyone

1 Like

aye, county durham. general gist ive got so far is that people are tired of the hypocrisy and aren’t really going to adhere.

“The evidence we’ve found from local testing is that it’s spreading in three main areas - in pubs, in people’s homes and in grassroots sports,” he said.

so y’know lets axe the middle one and leave the first/second even though a charity footy match on bank hol with 300 in a venue that holds 150 max was a hotspot, then allowing 1000 to pour into boro’s riverside stadium this weekend.

1 Like

Perfect opportunity to post this.
Fucking hell - Chris Morris is basically Nostradamus

6 Likes

I’ve had the same $170 in my wallet since the pandemic began.

2 Likes

Had a fiver in mine for ages and keep forgetting it’s there. It’s brand new too.

Crispy

Glasgow reporting more Covid cases in the last two weeks than the entire first month. Here we go.

Yeah it’s fully kicking off now, it’ll be interesting to see how long they can keep offices and schools open.

2 week mini lockdown doesn’t sound like a terrible idea tbh

might pop down the supermarket and grab some toilet paper now :wink: