Covid

Yeah I’d be very surprised if they close all schools again. Apparently there are 25,000 teachers self isolating (including me) which may lead to closures locally. The boss says quite a few of my class have been off while I’ve been at home this week too. I was waiting for my daughter’s test result which took a total of 85 hours to come back!

Boris and co are reportedly considering a “circuit break” of a few weeks, at half term.

Whilst I back that it’s too late. If they suddenly did it now its be more helpful in terms of numbers but itd also completely fuck over restaurants and such places

1 Like

This.

Also from personal experience - school leaders are honestly finding out about new Govt advice on Twitter at midnight.
If they weren’t on Twitter like 98% of the population they’d probably hear the diluted version in the tabloids/on TV 48 hours later like everyone else.
The incompetence is next level.

2 Likes

The next 3-6 months are going to be mayhem if they don’t figure shit out. Mass unemployment less than 6 weeks away and fresh lockdowns looming with this 2nd phase Boris is claiming was always going to happen. I would not even be surprised if council offices get torched and MPs get targeted

2 Likes

Same with myself for my work, never cared for twitter before but it has proved helpful right now. My boss has inadvertently advised the wrong procedure for our office / people that visit etc because he reads some absolute stinking newspapers.
Unfortunately, a lot of young people in care (or looked after children) that we help have not been able to go back to education yet and it does not look likely that will happen soon. Really frustrating.

3 Likes

I just bought a secondhand bath and am down to $90

careful if you’ve got a hot tub lads

2 Likes

He’s only gone and done a song about it now. Check out this utter, utter dogshit:

https://youtu.be/gOHn6KurHE0

Fucking state of the comments on that. Jesus.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they’re serious. It’s just depressing, people being such idiots. Rather than being filled with rage for all the stuff that the government actually have done and are doing they’ve just got their heads shoved down this rabbit hole full of absolute shit. When it eventually comes time to vote again they’ll probably just stay at home because there’s no point, they’re all the same new world order puppets or whatever. It used to just be demented old hippies that spouted this shite but it’s properly mainstream now thanks to Facebook.

4 Likes

My niece has started coughing and is feeling unwell, my sister suspects Covid. Tried to book a test, the closest testing centre they’ve been offered is Aberdeen.

They live in Preston.

ok, so I listened to Ian browns track and wrote a reply with some woke garble, but an error keeps coming up, won’t allow me to post. Are we being controlled and censored spanky? What’s the agenda? lol

2 Likes

Nah just you.

What on earth is going on in these places. Have people gone full America on it now and just had enough of covid taking their freedom away?!

Don’t suppose anybody caught anything about the protest in Trafalgar yesterday?
Haven’t see a peep on the news about it.

There were one or two articles:

Had seen it in online newspapers, just nothing on TV.

Do you not consider it newsworthy?
Seemed to be when anti mask people were doing similar protests stateside.