Cycling enthusiasts post here

Good interview with FroomeDog on The Gran. I didn’t realise quite how bad the crash was…

2 Likes

Just before that recent spell of cold weather my bottom bracket started to pack up on the new mtb. I got it back to the dealer and he was all up for a sticking in a replacement. I had a look and for a £1500 (more plus upgrades) bike the bb was a little Mickey Mouse. So asked if he would sort out a better one. Now have a nice new Shimano hollowtech bb and Deore chain set. It looks and feels better quality and didn’t cost me anything. Good job. Only thing is though I missed out on the frozen ground at the perpetually muddy trails as it took a week to sort out.
I tried riding my old Skyway for that week but it now feels like a mini clown bike :grinning: I lent my 24’’ Dirt Bike to my sister and so ended up on the wife’s Stolen Saint 24. It was so much fun riding street on that thing. Getting back on the mtb felt a little weird for a bit but I’m throwing it around better than ever. Stoked on the spontaneous bunnyhop over a knee high log some dickhead left on the trail around a blind corner. It was a case of get over the log or over the bars as I was caning it at the time so stopping wasn’t an option. That combined with some cheeky nose bumps over a double/camel that I didn’t even like airing before I think means that some occasional bmx cross training might have to be in order.

1 Like

No fookin about.

2 Likes

Looks like that thing where they all chase the cheese down a hill.

2 Likes

Scuba Steve is rocking a basket on his bike. They are definitely a Thing now.

1 Like

Kinda the same deal but on snow and ice.

1 Like

I do like a 50/1 vid.

In a sea of bland MTB vids on youtube, they really float to the top.

1 Like

Yeah their vids are good. I might be wrong but I think one of the crew used to post on an earlier version of the forum.

Couple of older clips that get me keen to get on my bike (slowly).
Great clip despite the red bull association.

Danny Heart’s ridiculous 2011 run.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of their crew come from a skate or bmx background. Having been a skateboarder forever a lot of things can seem kooky or wack to me, (some aspects of skateboarding included). 50/01 comes across as pretty ‘legit’ to me. These guys don’t seem like they’d be out longboarding, kitesurfing or stand up paddleboarding on their days off. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s this style of mountain biking that appeals to me. I suppose there’s room for all of it, but I prefer a Tom Knox over a Nyjah all day.

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly.
I’d much rather session a hedge with loose over going to Whistler with Sam pilgrim or some other cheif

2 Likes

That run was so sick

2 Likes

After the slams I took yesterday watching that first clip was scarier than usual. I don’t see myself getting into hucking to that degree… I’m far too old and don’t bounce anymore.

1 Like

Yeah those jumps are huge. I mostly like that vid for how out of control they seem (but obvs in control) flying down the hill. How the hell did they ride out some of that stuff? I’d love to be able to do that, but I just grab loads of brake when it gets steep and tech.

1 Like

Must have wrists of steel

Love the 50/01 guys. Chris Akrigg is my favourite rider to watch though… Ridiculous amounts of power and skill, and a proper Yorkshire lad too.

Fox Hunt is a bit different to the Mega - Mega is a straight race, Fox Hunt you’re being chased down by Gee Atherton.

Don’t get the appeal tbh - I like challenging trails, but not riding them with a bunch of other adrenalined up nutters trying to push me off.

2 Likes

Cycled to a funeral today and then on to the cemetery. Family and friends were puzzled by me cycling there, especially as I arrived to the burial ahead of them all. Ended up riding about 50km in total today along with 2 hrs skating. Felt dope.

Hosted using Digital Ocean