Favourite Ads

I’ve definitely got every bit of Silas paper/cardboard issued during the time Dr. Jives in Glasgow was open. So much goodness amongst it.

Can anyone find a bad Real ad? I don’t think there is one. Was tempted to make an Insta account where I just post their ads. There needs to be an accessible archive.

Absolute travesty that the Korahn Hubba ad with the Sisqo look hasn’t made it in here.

Haven’t done this in a while. How are we posting photos now? Is it different on mobile?

Click on the little picture icon and it’ll let you either take a photo or upload one. Or just copy the URL if you’re nicking it.

@chasone

Oh yes, please do that!

Splendid trick, great layout, classic early 2000s Choc shit, love it but whoever put that sequence together fucked up. 3 frames for the roll away but none showing the skater approaching the obstacle? Meh.

Suppose you’re right but capturing the comfy landing and how he rolls out might have seemed more worthwhile than watching him rolling up to it.

Just seen my scan of that Spitfire ad posted on IG by a kid in Taiwan. Shout out to the lurkers.

https://images.app.goo.gl/B9ZK9JTmnyKt924eA

2 Likes

Back cover of a Big Brother wasn’t it?

I’m not too sure. Big Brother was before my time. Turns out threre are young people on the forum…

:frowning:

I’m old.

and I think it was the BB issue with the girls’ stomach (and piercing) on the front (#9?). @buildafire could probably confirm.

Yep, spot on.