Football Thread

Not when you look at it like this. Every club that qualifies for the Champions League group stages receives €15m (£13.4m). Manchester City have already qualified for the Champions League next season due to their position in the Premier League, meaning they’re set to make a profit of 3.4m despite their fine.

I’m glad you don’t do my books!

This might be true yes.

But £10m is not a small fine.

?

£13.4m - £10m = £3.4m

Not that, your justification for being fined £10m just because you earn’t £14m

1 Like

Eh? Where’s £14m come from Mr Books? It’s worth taking a 10m fine to stay in the CL and the CL will even pay off the fine with change in the bank, that’s not bad in my book.

£13.4m

I love Martial’s form of late, on the other hand that must Rashford’s first goal in open play for some time.

Agree.
Been a good battle.

Martial is causing so many problems. United look a totally different team than they have for years post restart. Confidence and belief when going forward.

2 Likes

Midfield players who are attack minded too, but good at it.
A lesson to other clubs to not be so hasty about how quickly they chuck a manager out.

1 Like

Still can’t stand Pogba though. His mystery “injury” seems to be better now that United signed a decent player to sit next to him on the pitch.

Good game this is though. Still think it could any of the 3 outcomes.

1 Like

Been a very open match.
Both defenses have had to work and it’s not at all been a one sided affair.

Wa ha ha ha ha

Could of gone fucking third, ffs!

Soooo tight. A hell of a lot could lie on the last day when you have Leicester v United and Chelsea v Wolves.

I’m praying for a miracle as we’re the firm outsiders out of the group pushing for it now.

3 Likes

Wycombe beat Oxford for promotion to Championship, pretty gutted

Unfortunately Wolves require other teams to lose and do favours for them, which isn’t a good situation to be in. Remember Burnley a few years back finished 7th, got into the early stages of Europa League qualification to be knocked out by early Sept and it completely destroyed their season? Same for NUFC when they got 4th or 5th under Pardew in 2011 or something and nearly got relegated the following season.

Spurs, Arsenal and Burnley won’t break into the European spots. I’d say it’d be Chelsea and MU for the CL spots with Leicester pipped at the post in 5th, Wolves 6th, Sheffield Utd in 7th.

3 Likes

We did the group stages of Europa this season and are now pushing for a potential CL spot while taking an away goal to the second leg of our last 16 meet with Olympiacos… Our season started on 25th July, and we still have the Europa competition to continue in August. Fun pub quiz question for the future - Wolves are the first English club to win competitive games in two different July’s in the same season.

We are heavily reliant on other results, the final day could impact that though, and we may still be in a position where it’s worth fighting for. I still think Leicester will drop out of top 4 but it’s whether Chelsea do too as I can’t see United not finishing 3rd.

Main concern for me is Raul Jimenez’s wife is due to give birth anytime now and we rely on him HEAVILY!

3 Likes

Jaysus, had forgotten about that, proper pub quiz trivia there…

Rad post match performance interview with Wycombe`s Adebayo Akinfenwa.

5 Likes