In the news thread

A friend of mine said “It’s one of the COVID-19 transmitters, they have to find nine more to bring it down”.

Easy, just be careful not to fall off the edge of the flat earth when looking for them.

4 Likes

Great Xmas marketing by toblerone

2 Likes

It’s OK, he’s not daft.

He fenced his edge off.

“Official forecasts now predict the biggest economic decline in 300 years.”

Seems like quite a long time.

Nothing to do with Brexit though.

1 Like

News and football…Maradona has died after a cardiac arrest.

He had a pretty good run, all things considered.

Yeah he was said to have had the heart of a 70 year old at the age of 40 from all the marching powder .
Was a good run .

Like a virgin was a decent tune but didn’t do much decent after that tbf…

5 Likes

Papa Don’t Preach and Holiday are bangers.

1 Like

I really liked that tune with Justin timberlake.
RIP.

Yeah not even that funny? His name is similar to Madonna…hardly lolz

Nah.

1 Like

Maybe too soon, sorry chaps. No doubting how good he was, or the gravity of losing such a big name.

Had the doc on him on my list of things to watch during lockdown 2 but haven’t got round to it yet. Now seems the right time!

There he is in Glasgow, aged 18, in June 1979, on the morning before he scored his first international goal.

5 Likes

I’m aware of history and as a football fan alone know how important he has been for the game. The joke maybe painted that I didn’t like him, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Will make sure to watch it, if not tonight, certainly tomorrow afternoon!

1 Like

Lots of headlines of the government warning about lasting financial damage to the economy due to the pandemic. They’re not wrong but do you think that they’re going reveal the damage due to Brexit? or do you think they’ll take advantage of the pandemic and tell us it’s all down to that?
Goes back to when I suggested that the pandemic was a convenient tool to keep Brexit going the way they want, which I still believe. And before you jump in Builda, the pandemic is not convenient in any other way, it’s a massive inconvenience to the government, of course :wink:

One of those headlines was posted above yesterday and Ciaran summed it up.

1 Like

Ah yeah. If you read it sarcastically though, which I assume is the way it was meant to be read :wink: