In the news thread

So funny that even the judges aren’t aware what next steps are legally available to Parliament. Just goes to show how complex and full of wriggle-room the system is.

Guess we’ll find out what the Boris/Cummings backup plan is soon.

How much more can go wrong though? Seriously, Gordon Brown was booted out on far, far less.

You’d think so, but I’ve thought that several times already recently.

I’m sticking the needle in and mainlining the news all day.

Every day is an adventure for our almost former Prime Minister.

2 Likes

Off with his fucking horrible head.

so this got posted in another forum, leave.eu twitter is kicking off hard -

and trying to discredit the supreme court judges

They’ve not grasped this have they?
It’s not a judgement on Brexit.

1 Like

No, but they see it as suspended parliament meant they would get a No Deal Brexit. Nearly wrote breakfast then … over it.

the comments on those tweets are an absolute goldmine “European Court of Appeal anyone?”

2 Likes

I’m sure they would be fine if Jeremy corbyn came in and shut down parliament when it suited him.

I actually watched the supreme court live when it was on. The judges kept stressing over and over that this was nothing to do with Brexit and when the lawyer for Northern Ireland strayed into Brexit territory they gave him an almighty bollocking because they didn’t want to be accused of ruling on Brexit.

It’s never going to stop cunts pretending otherwise.

1 Like

So, will Boris face legal consequences?

I think it’s in the BBC news story that Boris didn’t even have a speech for next steps if this ludgement was passed. What a dipshit

Anything can look dodgy if you look at them at certain angles. But the reason it’s gone this way is because it’s wrong to suspend parliament, nothing to do with taking brexit away from the people.

1 Like

It’s one thing being a twat with your play mates in parliament but lying to The Queen and making her look like a fool. Old Queen will be cutting Boris’s car brakes as we speak.

No I said that. John Snow asked him about it and he said he didn’t think it’d happen so they’d deal with it if it did. lol.

Snow also mentioned to him that loads of Leave voters will have died off by now, and loads of Remain supporters are now eligible to vote.

1 Like

The only way a second referendum can happen is if it’s before a GE? Surely not…?

If it’s before a GE then the Tories get to call it.
Would they also decide what options are on the ballot paper?
Would they just go leave and remain again with voting no particular mechanisms for leaving?

Brexiteers are gambling on a GE instead of a referendum, as the Remain side is a bit too fragmented, largely on account of Labour being as useful as a chocolate teapot in opposition.
A referendum would probably benefit Remain first of all, but as we’re all aware, it needs to be binding (not advisory, like in 2016) and contain Remain - Y/N? If No, do you want customs union, or soft brexit or backstop or hard brexit/WTO rules?

Fuck leave.eu, fuck Farage, fuck JRM and the rest of the ERG vitamin D deficient flabby circus clowns. What a useless shower of worthless wankers.

7 Likes

What would be the question in that second referendum? I don’t see how they can ever do it, it’d be too embarrassing for the government as it stated on the slip on the first one that they would implement the result.

I think we’re past that now.