In the news thread

First clue they might not be legit…

4 Likes

I think 20 were £10 when I stopped a number of years back. When I started it was 99p for a ten deck of Regal / No1 in Kwikkies…

1 Like

Bottle of Buckfast and ten B&H cost £6.66 seemingly forever.

3 Likes

I would imagine the armourer would be getting jailtime. I can’t understand why there’d be live rounds on a set ever. Just seems really odd. Brandon Lee was blanks that lodged in the barrel and hit him, all the reports Ive heard of this one were live rounds right?

1 Like

It’s mad that they don’t just do it all with computers nowadays. It’s not the 1920s.

yeah I mean wtf do you want to even have the remotest possibility of a working gun on a set

If I understand correctly he was given a ‘cold’ gun and shot towards the camera and basically took out the DP and the bullet then took out the guy behind her? And the dude that said ‘cold gun’ was fired from a previous job for something to do with inappropriate shit to do with guns

1 Like

Man what a sad situation, loads of talk about it at the studios since it happened and there has been blank fire accidents/deaths before, but they were years ago and since then laws,rules and regulations make sure that doesn’t happen in the UK.

Historical incidents are from blank firers being held to the temple and the force of the explosion was enough to push through. But this was someone dicking around with a blank firer unfortunately.

The SFX guys I’ve made false walls/doors for gunshot explosions etc are meticulous with their equipment. Double triple checked by each other before handed to actors etc. Then a call on megaphone saying “ blank rounds are being fired” to make sure everyone knows and out of the way.
The good thing about the UK is most guns are illegal to own unlike America , so live rounds simply won’t be in the equation. We don’t need them in the UK for films , it’s what SFX /props and incredible painters are for for the before and after results. The law works and blank firers only.

From what I’ve read about the case there were live rounds on the set along with blanks , dummy’s and real guns . What a fucking fatal mistake and totally incompetent. To be that lax is unforgivable.

A life lost , one injured and people now have to live with this even before charges are made.

I think the book is going to be thrown and an example made of this one.

13 Likes

Sounds like an utter shitshow. Rookie armourer and this guy: Rust: Assistant director had previously been sacked over gun safety - BBC News

Sounds much more like it. This incident makes it seem like it was all

“Hey, is this loaded?”

“Err… No? Probably not?”

“OK cool”

How the fuck is a shot of firing a gun at somebody on a movie set not the most strictly controlled thing in the world? Even Johnny Knoxville managed it.

4 Likes

Jesus that Knoxville stunt was SO gnarly

3 Likes

I have a feeling that the size of America with laws being different in many states is also partly to play in this.
Here in the uk there is only one set of rules and the the industry is very concentrated in the south east so people like the ones responsible for the live rounds and bad reputations wouldn’t be getting employed . Word of mouth reputation is pretty heavy here if you’ve Fucked up.

3 Likes

Which one was that the beanbag?

Superkings, I fucking hate those. They feel goofy to hold, and I swear it makes them taste worse. Used to get so annoyed when accidentally given them at the counter.

2 Likes

I’m assuming 3:00!. No beanbags I’m afraid! Big Brother Number Two!

Loads of !!!’s lol

1 Like

Yeah no I know you’re not, I’ve just seen some awful spins from the dodgy newspapers and conspiracies.

In news which will come as no surprise to anyone, a pretty disgusting Budget/CSR

Facebook is changing its name to Meta? What the fuck lol.

I hope it goes the way of MySpace.

It’s just the holding company changing its name, the actual shitty app will still be Facebook I think.

Yep, same as Alphabet is the holding company for Google “products”.

1 Like