Instagram Blowouts

i was unaware that Clive hit the new El Toro

I thought it was just a bank now or something? This the same school? Or just another spot very similar

the bank was when they were rebuilding it. they rebuilt the stairs, put those yellow gates in, blind bumps at the top and bottom, knobbed the rail

It was in his new X-Games ā€˜Real Streetā€™ part. So I guess a lot of people just glazed over it and didnā€™t watch.

http://www.xgames.com/xgames/real/29143279/real-street-2020

didnā€™t even know it was happening, chase webbā€™s clip is ridiculous to be fair

1 Like

Thatā€™ll be because itā€™s Clive Dixon

5 Likes

Clive Dixon aka the worst bits of skateboarding thrown into a Petri dish and fed until they became a somewhat functioning facsimile of a human being with a birdhouse pro board.

1 Like

Not a fan then nav?

Is he really that bad? Heā€™s no Clint walker surely

Just google his Saturdayā€™s part. Heā€™s as much of a ā€œjockā€ as Clint Walker and all the ā€œthis is what we live forā€ macho bullshit is just awful.

My view of skateboarding is everything that he isnā€™t.

I donā€™t care how many stairs you can jump/grind down, just have some personality and selling points.

Hey heā€™s not my kind of skater at all Iā€™m just saying I didnā€™t think he was THAT bad

Well with attitudes like thatā€¦ some of us need to step up :joy:

Even Cint Walker has some rad skating out there, in fact I think I remember enjoying one of his parts. He does seem like an ultra bell though, Clive just looks like a timid, impressionable kid who gets dragged along by Clint so he has to act up when he feels he needs to be part of that shit. Heā€™s gnarly.

On one hand I like seeing raw footage nowadays but at the same time I feel we donā€™t need to be seeing what these skaters are about, they all just seem so dull with the same stories and banter.

1 Like

I didnā€™t watch it but didnā€™t Clive say in his 9 Club that he had written a novel? That one took me by surprise, and perhaps a lesson not to judge a book by itā€™s (very annoying) cover? :wink:

I couldnā€™t give a shit if he cured cancer.

2 Likes

A novel though. Initial reaction would be the same if you said that Geri Halliwell wrote a song. And yeah, she has wrote ā€œsongsā€

Well, I wasnā€™t suggesting it was war and peace! Just an endeavour you wouldnā€™t expect of your average so-cal burn-out.

I know ha. You can always tell how good it will be if he told them off his own back or if he didnā€™t mention it until they asked. I canā€™t remember if I saw that far into the EP.

:ok_hand:

Last one up the stairs still does not compute