Looking for a old sequnce from Sidewalk

Oh yeah and December 1997. First issue with a spine.

2 Likes

Remon has a line in Albion there, too. Chris Oliver in a Blind Euro DVD extra thing, also…but he skates it differently.
For Cover Version, we tried to homage or replicate some tricks which we felt were either culturally important in skateboarding or important to us.
I shot that trick of Charlie fisheye. He’s never done it before on anything. He did a couple and then I asked for one more which I tried to shoot as close to (a moving image version) of the cover as possible.
Although, without looking, I can’t remember if we used that angle at all.
That trick was important to me personally as it was the first time I filmed something which was on the cover of a magazine.

2 Likes

1995 - '96…

1 Like

Issue 8 was the first one I bought, one evening from M+W in Hythe Marina Village, before unsuccesfully trying to noseslide the marble fountain ledge directly outside, probably because I still had roller boot wheels on my set up…

Have to give a shout to @anonymity for just how influential Sidewalk was, can’t imagine there’s many people who buy Empire/Top Gear/Knitting monthly that can remember the exact time they got their first issue of a mag…

5 Likes

Notts school rail.
Remember being stoked to see a spot and someone I knew on the cover.

Those are Supreme Post-It notes btw.

3 Likes

There’s definitely an angle the same as the photo, because the clip immediately made me think of the cover, so it worked…

Thought I’d maybe seen Boots skate it before, but was rad to see it the same angle as the cover, and a similar-ish trick.

Slightly concerned that while we’re all so occupied with this stuff that we’ll turn around and all the forum’s fine china will be missing. And that biscuit tin under the bed filled with tenners.

1 Like

Maybe a stupid question but do any of the issues have a big ‘SCARBOROUGH’ printed on cover as they usually put destinations covered on the front.

1 Like

I wish.

1 Like

You and me both!

Right, I’ve been through that lot again now too. Still can’t see the sequence or the Man shot. : (

1 Like

The plot thickens

1 Like

It is in amongst them somewhere hopefully Paul will be able to shed some light on when and what issue over the weekend.

1 Like

In @Bridmarble’s short time on the forum he’s dished out more than twice as many ‘likes’ as the next closest person. Big up you Bridmarble.

2 Likes

Still placing a bet on a late 97 issue…

Appreciative of your efforts I am @buildafire

1 Like

great now i’ve discovered that you can view those stats and that’s another thing for me to sit and analyse. nice one…

1 Like

Did Mike Foreman live in between Scarborough and here around that time Ron? He might remember?

There’s a guy in (or there was) Scarborough with the same first and last name as me and the same birthday. Made signing on the first time a bit of a nightmare because he owed them money or some shit. Fuck that dude.

2 Likes