Looking for a old sequnce from Sidewalk

Took a whole bunch to make it what it was, just mentioned yourself as I knew you were on here. Really starting to miss it now! feel like I know more of what is going on in the U.S. scene than I do the UK…

1 Like

What do I win?

But seriously, just catching up on the forum and so stoked on this, saw the sequence pop up on the 'Gram over the weekend and was immediately smiling.

1 Like

on the subject of old sequences from Sidewalk, does the sequence of Louis Slater doing that drop in from the danger article in issue 28(?) exist online anywhere?

Issue 32 (sorry no scanner).

3 Likes

Thanks Voodoo.

I still think that might be candidate for one of most dangerous things I’ve seen be done on a skateboard. Maybe it’s a trick of the angle of the photo, but it just seems like there’s just so much room for certain death there.

1 Like

Just thought i would post a quick update on this. Not only did @buildafire go above and beyond to track the sequence down and post it here for me, he was also good enough to send me his duplicate copy of the October/November 97 issue and would not take a penny for it!

Kieran was a good friend before we skated together and one of my main influences when I did get into it as I imagine he was to many not just in Brid but Hull and Scarborough also as he was a frequent visitor to both.
I can not thank him and everybody who positively contributed to this thread enough.

12 Likes

he’s a good lad that b’fire :wink:

1 Like

Word. Big up everybody, I just happened to be the one with the mag. Cheers again Ryan Gray, and everybody for keeping this thread bumped. I’m really glad you’ve got a copy of this Brid.

3 Likes

You got duplicates of the two I need?

I don’t know which two you need, but I don’t have many duplicates from the early years I’m afraid.

1 Like

@buildafire 192 and 209

Those years are in the attic I’m afraid.

2 Likes

What a great thread! Scrolled it start to finish, thinking ‘come on, come on, someone find it’ and it was happy ending. Curious if the big photo in question is 5050 on the lions in Trafalgar square? And he did that after skating for less than 2 years? Really Sorry to hear he passed, sounds like he was quite the man!

3 Likes

Doh