Make you a little bit better. experiment

Even though I actually like to go running I can’t imagine calling myself a runner or going out running with other people and telling people at work about it.

Does anyone here follow dr kyle brown on instagram? well worth a follow if you don’t. skater focused rehabilitation, strength and flexibilty tips and so on. Some of the posts have really helped me out with fixing imbalances and so on.

for the smoothie guys out there. If you haven’t, try adding chia seeds, flaxseed, maca powder (gelatinised), pumpkin seeds, honey and acai paste to yours. It’s basically a natural redbull thats 100% super good for you and keeps you going longer than a fruit only smoothie.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/dr.kylebrown

Yeah been following him for a while. I do the dynamic stretching before a skate and stubbornly ignore everything else.

I had a sports massage tonight. Felt pretty good and the guy seemed on it. Asked questions about what I do, and check how far I could streach and stuff. Feel like I’ve been trampled on by an elephant now tho.

Running is savage for your fitness, obviously. You won’t necessarily skate better, but you will be able to skate more and for longer with less recovery time and pain the next day. Saying that, I hurt my inner knee in November from running which stopped me skating for 3 months. Yoga, training, swimming and cycling weren’t a problem though.

same

That’s exactly what a runner would say! Only joking, I do understand the benefits of it. I think think its the ultra passive aggressive comments the people I work with make. It seems like they want to get me involved but just to show me how fast and how far they can go.

you get the passive aggressive ultras in any walk of life, im a runner, i dont hang out with runners as most of them are dicks and i dont talk about running as its fucking boring enough to do let alone talk about. i am a vegan and hate vegans as most of them are self righteous cunts and i dont talk about it like other people should do it or be interested, because i dont give a fuck about what they had for dinner, so why should they be interested in mine.

if it come up fine, but im not pushing anything on anyone telling them how great it is as thats a dick move and people who do it are just blowing smoke up their own arse playing the im better than you because i … card

you guys foam roll at all? once you get into it you can really relieve some pains/aches. i’ve been a regular stretcher for a long time, definitely helps

1 Like

I know people who swear by it, basically ever since this came out.

Acupressure mats are savage, they feel great. Pick up some spiky massage balls too, rolling your feet on them watching stuff at night feels great.

Foam rolling is effectively massage, it’s useful if you’ve forgotten or not had time to stretch out properly after skating/exercise. Saying that, a lot of people expect it to cure everything, but it’s not going to replace stretching, strength, movement or fitness training.

Your workmates sound like idiots.

Yes. I’ve got tones of stories about daft things they have done. My boss is currently planning on doing the three peak challenge with some others. Although I think she is planning on doing the all the driving as well. I’m sure nothing will go wrong there.