Music thread

So much missing from Spotify though. I’m worried there’ll be a generation who thinks Spotify is ‘all music’.

Like the entire KLF back catalogue

1 Like

Lots of people still think that the charts was all music in the past.

I bet many people think that Spotify has ALL music ever.

My Car has a Deezer sub but it’s missing loads and some shit is like B recording or something, just sounds wrong?

Spotify playlists are one of my favourite things right now

Talking of tunes anyone seen or seeing Metallica’s S&M2?

I feel like I’ve seen and heard it and I don’t need a re-up on it?

I get Spotify through my work phone package.
Usually on all the time while I work at home or driving about in the car.

buy records from absolutely anywhere but always check if its on bandcamp first so i get the files to stick on ipod for work listening. got a few shower playlists on spotify but that’s about all i use it for, bit shite really isnt it

went on a mad one a few months ago cos i pranged it about my house burning down so spent ages adding every tune i own to discogs collection, was pretty satisfying in the end i must admit

Or De La Soul

Going to see Helmet on thursday

Ace, I nearly bought tickets for the Rock City gig.

Last time I saw them was 93 I think, at Phoenix festival, they were great

Saw them on their Betty tour, maybe around the same time
Edit: year after more like.

If you’re Spotify accessible and like reggae.

Recorded bass for my best mate’s solo project lately and really proud of how it sounds. I’m absolutely shit at it but for some reason he loves my tone. This is the 4-track EP.

Think a bit of explanation is necessary as well. He started writing songs for our old band that didn’t really thematically fit. They were still sort of pop-punk, but taking different influences from other genres he likes. Lyrically they started off as songs largely about conspiracy theories. Mostly silly ones; a surf punk song about Hitler living in Argentina, for example. It’s evolved into songs that are basically a tongue-in-cheek slice of Americana.

Track 1 of this EP “God Shines Bright Over Me” is basically “What would a pop-punk song written by the Westboro Baptist Church sound like?”

Track 2 “Freeloaders” is about renting a new place only to find out it’s haunted.

Track 3 “Satanic Panic” is a bit autobiographical - about his childhood conversion from churchgoer to full-blown goth.

Track 4 “Ba’alim” he described to me as “HP Lovecraft meets The Torah.” Basically he loves black metal and this was him exercising that influence.

Just sharing it because I’m stoked on it.

3 Likes

a tune i made 6 years ago cos i was buzzing off this section -

1 Like

I’m no musician at all but @jimvo showed me how to use GarageBand back in 2013 and I made this mix of tunes from skate vids for the sake of learning something. Had forgotten about that, @pervert’s post reminded me of it. Thanks my bredbins.

2 Likes

Got this at lunchtime

I will see your R Type, and I will raise you.

Sounds like Frankie Teardrop.

Check out the Parade online skate shop