Musical Supervision. Should have, could have, would have.

If I may. Been wanting to do this thread for a while. Tunes that people feel should have been used in video’s. Or a place to find out if they have been before. Delete if stupid. I’ll start.
I don’t think this masterpiece has ever been used in anything? US soul/funk seems to be having a bit of a come back in video’s but they rarely seem to use the best ones for me.
Can you imagine Sheffey skating to this in his prime?

13 Likes

In a similar vein, has anyone used Dr. John?

1 Like

Don’t recall it but I am going senile

1 Like

I’m 100% into this thread but I bet all these tunes get poached!

1 Like

Hard to believe that hasn’t been used, it’s perfect

(Aaron Neville)

1 Like

Yeah. It’s a perfect record. One of those ones that people kind of forget cos it was massive, but it was massive cos it’s a total killer

1 Like

Bit literal maybe but this would go great with a night section

Don’t think it’s been used

2 Likes

Yeah totally

There’s a site you can check isn’t there? If a tune’s been used? Skatevideosite or something?

1 Like

Ah yeah. Seems well 2009 though

Good thread.

4 Likes

Good call!

1 Like

Rattray skating to The Proclaimers was a stroke of genius. Alot of my fave music wouldn’t work. Love him or hate him, Bill Strobeck has a good knack for ones that work.

3 Likes

I definitely think there’s a lack of massively popular contemporary tunes being used. A lot of niche/underground and older stuff but hardly any current hits.

I thought it was sick when Smells like teen spirit was in that Sims video in 1991.

*just realised this is absolutely not relevant to the original purpose of the thread. Ah…sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He wasn’t so sure about that at the time. Didn’t know about it until the prem. Ha.

What about this?

7 Likes

Actually that’s wrong. Here’s a bit from an interview* where he talks about it:

*that I did :frowning:

3 Likes

great thread! That Aaron Neville track, yes man!

I had a big list years ago when our little group did a little video but they were based on whether the tracks move in the right way in my mind to skating, not whether the tune is cool or not. I’ll have a think and see if I can remember some.

Has anyone ever used Orinoco Flow?

4 Likes

Haha, no don’t think so but Caribbean Blue was definitely on my list.
Crazy link!

2 Likes

In some Anti Hero clip.

1 Like

DigitalOcean Referral Badge