New Skateboarders

Something about Concrete schoolyard that makes me sick in my mouth. I like C 2na’s stuff on run come save me though.

2 Likes

Aw I love Concrete Schoolyard. It’s fun.

1 Like

mine was purely a comment based on people who leave a car park sticker in their front window as an indication of their personality and nothing more

2 Likes

Hang on, wasn’t there another thread where it was cool for anyone to like any music?

I’m only saying that certain people like a certain kind of music. Some people like different food, too. Neither matter to me.

Nothing wrong with transporter vans either. I’d love one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgQer_20xhY

I’ve been dawn patrolling throughout lockdown and have also seen this for the first time in my life. The other day 5 women/girls including myself and 4 men/boys. At 7am! Really fucking rad.

8 Likes

Bringing this one back as I was out this afternoon and in my 76 years skateboarding I have honestly never seen so many people out with boards. All different levels and a lot of older folk in their late 20s and 30s just starting out.
It reminded me of when there is a demo or a comp on and you see skaters everywhere.
But there’s no demo, just a Monday.
And it’s only a bit sunny, wait till the summer.
Woof.

3 Likes

Yeah also noticed this ever since the first lockdown, it’s obviously great to see but also infuriating as a lot of the ‘older’ newcomers sort of bypass the being schooled on skatepark/spot etiquette thing so are just totally oblivious and getting in the way.

1 Like

Yeah. Skating is literally everywhere now. Just last week I was by Imperial and in front of the main entrance there were four female (guessing undergrad students) just learning to skate at the entrance right by the security. That scene - both for the dynamic of four female students, as well as being permitted to skate by security - would never have been something you’d witness 10 or 15 years ago.

The general public’s perception of it seems to have really changed from it being something inherently antisocial/a nuisance/potential insurance claim, to it being this thing everyone embraces and feels they can relate to or some shit. Whilst I’m certainly not complaining about the latter, it still feels alien to behold how much of a shift skating has undergone, having come from the era where everyone immediately treated skateboarders like some social degenerates.

2 Likes