Nine Club

Armanto has a refreshing - dare I say innocent - take on skateboarding life.
a very enjoyable Nine Club

Apart from saying “like” twice every sentence, that was a really good episode! She comes across as a very lovely person and I enjoyed every minute of it!

2 Likes

Big fan, but kinda suspect it’s another “Everything is great and everybody is cool” one, right?

1 Like

Halfway through this episode and her spontaneity and candidness are really refreshing indeed!

I didn’t know much about her as I don’t watch bowl comps and stuff like that. Watched this last night and my mind was blown:

I’m a fan!

1 Like

She did the loop ffs. She’s gnarly!

1 Like

she is really hyped on skateboarding, but without the uber-gushy hyperbole, nor the familiarity-breeding-contempt vibe.
she reminded me of being a kid discovering the world of skateboarding, but far wiser/ more eloquent/ clear-headed

Good shit, will investigate.

Weird how the eye is drawn to Monster logos these days though.

1 Like

So Colin Provost is one of the worst people I’ve ever come across. Only made it about 35 minutes into his episode before I had to turn it off. Says ‘fucking’ in every sentence, bangs on about beers and “being a man” and basically says nothing interesting at all.

If I didn’t know who it was I’d have guessed it was a fucked up Bam talking.

Skipping this one. I don’t even know why but he always seemed like somebody that wouldn’t be interesting to listen to at all.

Was it provost who got funny with Jordan Hoffart about an ender over a fence. Hoffart seemed a nice dude too.

I remember a PWBC news where they absolutely slated people who use bungees To get tricks. Provost is one of those guys.

It was Jordan Hoffart for a Stereo clip IIRC.

So funny.

Yeah, that was a one-off, right? It’s not like it became a thing. And it was a one-off at the time when Stereo were doing their stupid plastic toy cruisers too.

1 Like

I think it’s funny that Hoffart and Provost got into a spat about fs flips over the same fence. Both use bungees and both are a bit stinking.

I don’t think hoffart was helped by the fact he always wore purple.

3 Likes

Listening to someone who’s hammered talk is only good if a)you yourself are hammered or b) they’re funny.

I got neither from him which is a shame because I did want to like him. But nah

1 Like

I listened to the whole episode (just have it on in the car for my commute) but it’s definitely not time well spent.

Popped the first few minutes of this on last night to see how it went and will be listening to the rest today.

Good start!

stuck it out for 15 mins and watched all the Hoffart one. Does that say something about them or me?

I thought Hoffart was entertaining.