Nine Club

I’m a c-section left-hander and I’m not a nazi.

Peaked.

Cleared

Wow Jason Jesse is a mong.

Can not stand when douche bag say “Riiiight”

JJ is a bit of a mong but I can’t see him being a paid up nazi or KK member that attends various rallies.

He’s been called out and rightly so, but to obsess over him being a legitimate Nazi is being a tad over the top. IMO

1 Like

I kind of believe him, when he says that people wouldn’t believe him if he told the truth as it’s just not as bad as they want it to be, so he has to almost make it seem the way they want it, to make them stop.

“I was being a young dick for the sake of it, sorry for being a dick, won’t do it again” doesn’t wash.

Comedians are saying its not their next joke that will get them put in the bin, but one they’ve already told, ten years a go, waiting to come back and haunt them if someone feels like it.

I watched the first 20 mins or so of this a couple days ago. Roberts looked white as a sheet when he was revisiting questions and asking for more detail. At least he did press him, even though he didn’t get clear answers.

@voodoo makes some good points, and he was probably being a young, rebellious dickhead with no real handle on what the imagery and what he was saying really meant. Although he’s very sorry he does not have the required facilities or PR skills to make it look anything like legitimate remorse, and he’s in a real fix because no matter what he says he’s fucked himself.

Also, the vast majority of people that know him are backing him, as far as I can see. It’s the people that don’t that are twisting the knife the hardest.

Saying that I’m not convinced either way.

Remember those early SC vids? He always came over as a bit awkward and weird, at least he’s consistent in that respect.

But he was still sporting Swazis a few years ago. Not sure it was just a youthful thing.

As Ron says, I’m sure JJ isn’t part of the KKK. But he is part of a toxic So-Cal white power culture. He needs to understand that there’s no place for that in skating. As for whether he can be rehabilitated after rejecting that stuff, yeah sure. He is part of skate history.

1 Like

Started watching it just now and have almost fallen asleep so leaving it.

He seems to be playing the victim and making excuses rather than just going…

'Yeah I was a bit of an idiot and didn’t really think about my actions and i’m sorry."

At least he’s not Bowie doing a Nazi salute in Hitlers car, no-one could hate Bowie. Though Bowie did have some good points about the Nazis, their image was on point! By Hugo Boss.

Edit: Is that Stanley Kubrick in the car too? Haha.

whats wrong with his hand?

He’s a star man.

For some reason I thought he’d already been on? Did they do one from the Lakai premier or something? BaF mug gets some prime placement too.

1 Like

Yeah they had to redo it with the mug. Understandable.

5 Likes

Thought this one was a good listen, some funny and interesting stories. His ankle problems sound gnarly though

Really enjoyed the Riley episode, was hoping to hear more about the video “skate movie” which had him, David loy, Clint Walker and a few others in as groms.

I like Alf. his Next and Lick parts were pretty sick.

ambivalent about the photoshopped hoodie though

For some reason I find his insta really annoying. Agreed, Next part was amazing