Nine Club

This is the best episode in a good while - really makes a difference when they have someone on who can tell a good story and steer the conversation themselves.

2 Likes

Had to have a couple of breaks, but thought that was a really good episode.

Am a bigger fan of his nowā€¦ :slight_smile:

How the fuck did someone clearly so passionate, witty and intelligent end up in scientology?

Jason Lee was my hero when I was sixteen and thirty years later I think he is again.

2 Likes

1h 13m in and itā€™s a good one. POW!

I always wondered that about him but you never know what someoneā€™s looking for in their life. Thereā€™s a bit towards the end where he mentions how he met Berra at a party, which must have presumably been a Scientology thing.

Whatever. Glad heā€™s out of it these days anyway, and am stoked on this interview.

Havenā€™t watched a 9 club since some time last year , canā€™t remember, but this one i couldnā€™t wait to listen to, 45mins in and itā€™s not disappointing what so ever .
Phew

3 Likes

This. Jason Lee is great and makes any room seem better by just being in it. Funny and humble. The wheels come off a little bit right at the two hour mark, as Jason Lee has been taking the lead till then, but there is going to come a point in any conversation where there is a lull as the person doing all the work will start looking for feed back and Crob is not good as this and retaking charge and steering it in new directions (with the two hours of personal info heā€™s just got first hand).
He nervously just starts talking about how he likes talking, which is just time filling gibberish that doesnā€™t actually mean anything or help the person youā€™re interviewing in anyway.
Luckily Jason retakes charge and we hear about how he cold calls random pros, ect, and all is right with the world again, haha.

6 Likes

I lolled when he mentioned a couple of ā€˜hot topicsā€™ that have come up in here beforeā€¦

The 360 flip back foot dangle and the good old ollie north.

4 Likes

Only thing I would have liked is more about the Visual Sound/Tincan era of stereo - touched on the former, but the rest was kinda skipped. That would have probably meant talking about Ethan Fowler thoughā€¦

1 Like

Crob seemed fully starstruck, like he forgot he was supposed to be the host.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Its taken me most of the weeks commutes to get through this one.

Would actually like to know more about this guy so going to go in

He has his own podcast with another blinef skater. Itā€™s called 4 bad eyes

2 Likes

Madarsā€™ episode was pretty good. He seems really sound and has come such a long way since growing up as a kid in Latvia.

Am I tripping or was Mardars on one of the series of the groms tour or on a show similar?

I have no idea.

Some bloke from Latvia posted a scene vid he made back on the old forum well over 10 years ago, Madars was pretty much a foetus in that thing but already had special going. I remember thinking he was special and hoping weā€™d get to see more. Hopes fulfilled.

Iā€™ve only got the use of my right eye which makes backside tricks much more difficult than frontside. I rarely see my back foot due to lack of peripheral vision. No sight at all is mind boggling.

2 Likes

So you have no depth perception? Does that make it even harder, knowing when to just ollie? Let alone backside/frontside? Iā€™m slightly colour blind, not really a disability but gets you out of more things than youā€™d imagine if you use it right, haha.

Just droppedā€¦

2 Likes