Sandwiches

Don’t get me wrong, its not the best breakfast ever but it has a place

1 Like

Fair enough yeah. There’s a bit of a tendency for some people to make it out to be better than it is…in my experience anyway. Particularly the sausage McMuffins which I have never liked. Too greasy, weird rubbery texture. Don’t eat meat now so there’s nothing there for me other than hash browns.

Even other American fast food chains like Denny’s do better hash browns.

1 Like

I would love to recreate the sausages so I don’t have to go back to McDs

Mash some sainsbury’s standard pork sausages up, and some more salt and herbs and you’re probably not far off. I do like the taste of the odd McD’s but I have not had anything for over a year now but I hate the feeling you get half hour after anything from there. Feel loads better for not having processed meats, but I have cut out other stuff at the same time so could be many reasons I feel better.

I feel like hash browns are hard to get wrong, but if the egg yoke is not runny, no thanks. The McDonalds egg does look plastic, having always been put off by the photo and never tried it.

McDonald’s eggs, now made with 5% egg!

1 Like

Im going to have to go out at lunch and try and get supplies to make sausage muffins at home now

Not being one to defend the Golden Arches, but I believe at least they now use fresh eggs, as opposed to the extruded “egg product” they used to cut slices of for the breakfasts.

Going to need pictures of the next one please

1 Like

You don’t. It involves Colgate, Listerine and cream cheese.

2 Likes

That’s fair! The more regular one would be sausages, scrambled egg, mayo in a toasted burrito.
However when I used to work in Newcastle city centre this sandwich shop used to knock me up one that I named ‘The Beast’

It was

1 massive tortilla wrap.
1 helping of chicken tikka masala mayo sandwich filling spread across it.
2 hot sausages sliced and placed on top
1 helping of scrambled eggs on top of that
A good amount of sweet chilli sauce
Wrapped and then squashed and toasted in the panini machine

Absolutely lush.

What makes it so good was the mixing of the cold creamy sandwich filling and the hot breakfast additions.

8 Likes

On a side note there’s a place up here that essentially does posh egg mc muffins.

It’s a hash brown, fried egg, sausage pattie, cheese, sriracha mayo and sriracha sauce all between a lovely soft bao bun.

Very nice

6 Likes

Oh my god that looks amazing.

Chicken Tikka for brekky man wtf haha.

2 Likes

Excuse me for my uncouthness, Bish, but could I ask if you were a gentleman of, how should I say, ample carriage?

6 Likes

He’s not!

He will be soon.

4 Likes

People have been saying that to me for over a decade and it never happened

3 Likes

I used to regularly eat 8 rasher bacon sandwiches and drink Stella after school back in the day and I was skin and bones.

Then I went to uni and then it was game over. I probably stopped skating as much as I did.

Now I’ve been…portly… ever since.

2 Likes

Why are these not on your insta yet mate?

2 Likes