Thrasher SOTY 2020 - Mason Silva

I reckon he’s fucked his career.

You can’t maintain that kind of output without paying the price. He runs the danger of sitting on that legacy for too long before partying/excess catch up with him. Or destroying parts of his body. Or whatever. But that’s my prediction, I think he’ll start to fade already.

1 Like

You referring to Mason?

I can’t see that really. Horrible injury aside, he seems pretty level headed and just absolutely going off at the moment with his skating. Isn’t output like this in one year exactly what the criteria for SOTY is about?

4 Likes

I wonder what mason’s footage would be like on the crust Knox skated ? That’s the test

Yeah considering his talent and how he comes across in interviews, I think he’ll be around for a looooong time.

The guys is so sick to watch!

2 Likes

But how would he fare on a cold wet night in Stoke? That’s what everybody wants to know…

9 Likes

You could switch it round, what would Knox’s be like on all those US spots?

SOTY

Now imagine a Mason Silva part filmed and edited by Jacob Harris.
Or a Tom Knox part edited to post-rock.

Now imagine Jacob Harris holding the SOTY trophy, but he’s in his underpants and he’s your gran.

13 Likes

Yeah would be unfair for Mason not to win it really, that’s all absolutely savage

Mason will get it with the crusty charger aesthetic. Tom’s part is more enjoyable to watch and as tech and heavy as Mason’s. SOTY is not so much a prize for best part or style as who most recklessly risked their life for enders.

He’d be there with a Stanley knife flat spotting his wheels before the session .

Looks like we have another entry coming up…

Not sure that off-brand Dylan has what it takes.

3 Likes

Have a feeling Nyjah is going to drop a last minute part to try and win SOTY.

It’s going to have to be the rebirth of and next level of skating to overcome his baller image

I think it’s impossible for him to win even if he films all of Mason’s parts switch.

Yeah , as much as he’s insanely good you actually have to like him too.

He had a cover this year but he’s probably not enough of a “Thrasher type” to be given that. Not this year, when Thrasher-types have been putting out the parts that they have.

1 Like

That’s exactly it

I think Mason has got it this year. He has put out so many parts and they are all amazing. Such a sick skater who is always fun to watch.

Elijah Bearle’s Vans part is probably my fave of the year and I think he has a good chance, but the sheer number of parts Mason has put out will end up beating him.

Would love to see Tom Knox nominated, his skating is so fun to watch. It feels like skating. He won’t win it but I would love to see him get some more recognition. I recommend watching him on The Nine Club if you haven’t seen it.

After watching the new Deathwish video I think Pedro has a good shot as well, but I still think Mason will win.

1 Like