Stoked!

Bit of a weekend for that sort of thing…

2 Likes

It’s a mix between not stoked and stoked, this one…

I’ve been going long distance journeys recently on my filming mishes and I always make sure to check over my car regularly, so I was happy/not happy to discover this before making my way up Pembrokeshire yesterday;

Stoked I didn’t end up having a blowout. I only wanted to check to see if the issue with my track rod ends had caused my tracking out (which it seems apparent by the uneven tie wear). But I discovered something else.

Not stoked it’s going to be some extra work + cash, but that’s cars for you.

1 Like

Super low profile sidewalls. Good spot, tyre blowouts are not fun

1 Like

Lucky escape there Ped! Don’t wanna break down in the wilds of West Wales.

2 Likes

I’m just another level of stoked as well, since I don’t need to worry about sorting out transport to work now I’m working from home!

FFs was at Hwest park yesterday too. I thought it might have been you @Pedromayn
My mate’s polo died there too.
Well, it was an intermittent hall sensor not communicating with the coil we think.
simple engine to work on mind

2 Likes

ha! 1.4L smallmanting

3 Likes

Yep, that was me! You got the RAC out, right?

At least it is fairly simple to sort out. I did hear it get started at one point, so was it ok from there or?

1 Like

Yeah, it started when the RAC came, and it got back with only a few cut outs.

1 Like

Happy days, then!

1 Like

Bike carbs?

1 Like

Yeah, it is a bread van polo with a 1.4 16v on bike carbs, not mine so I don’t know from which bike they came.
It was spitting flames on the way home, I know that much

House sale is on and exchanged. Move Wednesday.

Very fucking stoked.

21 Likes

Learnt the word ‘antipodal’ and used it in a sentence

11 Likes

Hell yeah!

I saw that. That was pretty cool.

2 Likes

Went to this local distro that recently moved to a new warehouse. They found loads of old cool stuff while moving, including full boxes of original Grand Prix of Skateboarding tees and hoodies. They haven’t unpacked that yet but they’ll give me a shout when they’ll do. Can’t wait as I’ve lost all my GP tees. There’s something so great about shop and event tees.

Set up a freshie, went to the park with said freshie, new shoes and new orthotic insoles. All this new gear made me feel a bit sketchy but I saw one of my good friends that I hadn’t seen much these last two years as he was going through through mental health issues. The kid was in great form, looking really healthy and super happy. Now has his own flat, lives with his girlfriend, is starting an apprenticeship next year. He’s certainly come a long way since roaming the streets, smoking too much hash and being generally depressed and lost. Last time I saw him he was so skint and fucked up, I had to give him money and make him promise he’d buy food with it.
We skated, dorked around and talked about deep shit, it totally made my day.

Blablabla. Skateboarding is great and telling your friends you love them is even better.

16 Likes

Half day booked, going to get tattooed. Stoked

1 Like

nice! look forward to seeing the new piece

i had a full day last week, wearing a mask whilst getting inked for over 6 hours was interesting…

1 Like