Stoked!

Got no plans to leave without something else, but I’m just done with it at this point. Mix of a few things. A lot of changes that for want of a less wanky phrase have made it a “worse fit” from my end. Days off, annual leave all affected massively, and it appears however much good will you offer it doesn’t make any difference to how you will be treated.

Truthfully I don’t think it’s the job, just my manager is a massive brian can’t, and if I’m being honest i’m becoming/have become stale.

All came to a head when my wife called me out on it the other day, and she was right, I knew it but needed somebody else to tell me. Either way I’m stoked to even be at this point and pushing to make a change.

9 Likes

Make that Brian Can’t into a Brian Can!

6 Likes

This is so true. So many jobs expect you to bend over backwards for them with fuck all in return. Like they’re doing you a favour employing you. Fuck that.

Also, as someone on LinkedIn probably said, ‘people leave managers, not jobs’. There’s definitely some truth there.

What do you do / where are you?

2 Likes

Work in retail sales for Sky based in Telford, Shropshire. In short I’m the guy nausing you up while you’re on your way to Greggs.

I had a conversation with my manager about 9 months ago about it all. I’d come to a near breaking point when someone else clearly taking the piss had ended up affected my days off moving forward. We had an off the record chat where I explained I know he can’t say these people are taking the piss, and I understand he has to treat people fairly. But by being so uniformed in his managerial approach all that was happening were the staff who do take the piss did it more and the staff who are always good for him and go above and beyond get shafted, end up getting pissed off and are ultimately being treated unfairly. What makes it worse is when you ask for a favour and are flat out told no. To which you then realise this whole thing is a one way relationship.

Sorry realised I’m venting. TLDR version: Retail Sales for Sky in Telford, Shropshire.

1 Like

Bonne chance

Easy Lake District classics, feels good to get back out again :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Doesn’t look easy!

My H1 review went really well this afternoon - walked out of the meeting with a promotion (better sounding job title), a bonus and a new work laptop.

Football is coming home on Sunday and I have next week off as holiday!

Everything’s coming up Milhouse!

9 Likes

Nice. Can’t wait to get up the Lakes in Sept, I’ll be on a bike rather than climbing though.

Starting to tickle the easier V6s at our boulder wall, definitely seeing improvement. I could do with going more often but just don’t have the time right now.

1 Like

Sick man well done!

I have to present the new website to the board on Tuesday I think. Board is 3 people I know 2 of them well enough now.

Then ask for money to Chuck at Google Shopping. Fucking hope they like it.

Is that Little Chamonix?

Close-ish. It’s Troutdale Pinnacle at Black Crag.

Haha, I was in the same county I suppose!
I was only in Borrowdale a few weeks ago too :grinning:

1 Like

was out for a little skate round the neighbourhood. heard bike bell being rung behind me as I roll along the pavement. I lean off to one side as two rudeboys cycle past, yelling some aggressive whatevs at me.
I blew them both a kiss, they lost their shit.
hahaha

11 Likes

When was this?? I was up Black Crag on Thursday and the visibility was near on nothing up there and on most of the peaks either side. It wasn’t much better yesterday morning… Great pic! Wouldn’t catch me climbing, I like my feet on the ground. Good effort dude!

Last Saturday. We got up there the night before and hadn’t checked the forecast, it was raining at 9am so we set off at 5am to get something out of the weekend. Heading that way again next week but gonna check the forecast this time ha.

1 Like

Went for an interview and bossed it. Offer came in straight away and now just mulling it all over. I’ve just gotta decide whether to stay miserable but comfortable or take a leap of faith. 99% sure I know which way I’m going though!

18 Likes

I’d probably choose the other option.

Congrats on the offer!

2 Likes

How big a leap?

Don’t even second guess (unless you take a financial hit).

It’s always scary moving jobs, get out your comfort zone and stay focused. You will smash it.

7 Likes