Stoked!

Hahahahaha.

I did something as shit as that in my first job after leaving college :rofl:

You could take the piece of wood that was cut out and nail it to the door frame so that it fits perfectly into the door when closed

10 Likes

I like the way your mind works

2 Likes

Having to walk the dog early before it gets too hot. Pretty stoked on the heatwave giving me those Mediterranean holiday vibes at home :sunny:

4 Likes

as much as i donā€™t like all-out heat itā€™s definitely got a great vibe. iā€™m managing to skate in it without dying

Yeah, exactly like being on holiday except instead of playing on the beach and drinking early I just have to do endless teams meetings in a boiling hot room.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hereā€™s a postcard from my shady riverbank to cheer you up.

Sitting under a tree answering emails. Nice office!

5 Likes

Went for a dip this morning before work. Lovely.

11 Likes

Just set up a fresh new board (new bearings, wheels and deck) and just landed a 360 flip on my carpet absolutely bolts.

Cmoac

11 Likes

Same!

Havenā€™t been swimming before work in months, and Iā€™ve had a bit more time in the mornings this week, so making the most of it.

5 Likes

I got a four mile swim* in super early this morning, (absolutely no sign of other humans about), before having to go on home and wake the wife at 6 in order to head straight back down the beach with both her the dog to jump back in again. Off for another swim in a mo. Itā€™s a proper glassy mill pond out there today.

*Swim fins make a hell of a difference :wink:

5 Likes

Stoked for all of you who also got to swim. I have decided iā€™m never living away from water from now on.

4 Likes

It sounds a long way but, like I said, I was sort of cheating as I was wearing swim fins - (some of these if youā€™re interested: DaFiN Pro Classic Black ā€“ DaFiN Surfing Products )

It probably took about 40-45 minutes, (without fins maybe I could do it in an hour and a half Mind you Iā€™d be knackered). I could have gone a bit faster I suppose but itā€™s quite meditative once you find a pace and you donā€™t notice the distance or the time passing. Your breathing sets a rhythm and you kind of zone out.

I rarely swim without fins these days. Iā€™ve got a few pairs, (short ones for swimming and a couple of pairs of longer ones) for different things, (swimming/ body surfing, snorkelling and an emergency pair I take kayaking just in case things go tits up and I have to tow my boat and gear back). Those Da Fin ones are pretty good all rounders. Stick a pair of those on and youā€™ll be swimming like The Man from Atlantis in no time :wink: It definitely makes swimming solo/ or in sketchy conditions safer.

Edit: Thinking about it, it was probably closer to 50 minutes. Though Iā€™m not sure what time I got in or out, just when I left the house and when I got back. The conditions were dead flat with no currents or rips running - but itā€™s still not bad going.

4 Likes

How do you track a swim? Apple watch?

No, I just know how far it is A to B
from checking an O/S map/ Admiralty chart. I swim out a hundred yards or so and just swim parallel to the shoreline. Sometimes Iā€™ll go A to B and back again or Iā€™ll run in one direction and swim back depending on the tide/ prevailing wind/ current. I never really time it as Iā€™m just swimming for fun. Itā€™s not like Iā€™m training or anything.

I could do with getting some sort of Strava set up I suppose. More for cross country MTB rides and trail runs because I zig zag all over and never really know exactly how far Iā€™ve gone. Or what the route was when I get back as I have a tendency to get intentionally lost.

2 Likes

Running back wearing flippers must be a fun challenge.

2 Likes

You can track waves youā€™ve surfed on Surfline cams with an Apple Watch. you have to surf in front of the cameras though, and I think youā€™ll quickly realise who the other ā€˜I want to watch myself when I get homeā€™ people areā€¦like doing flip tricks in front of the webcam at the skatepark. Bit cringe.

I got one for free a little while back and could see absolutely no benefit from it so I passed it over to my wife who is also struggling to justify itā€™s existence apart from using it to count shit at the gym. Any actual good ideas for how to use these things?

3 Likes

Just got tickets for Dinosaur Jr literally ten minutes from my house. Itā€™s not till March and weā€™ll have moved further away by then, but still.

9 Likes

I walked home from a Throbbing Gristle concert once, and an Einsturzende Neubauten one another time. Bands Iā€™d have travelled to another country to see.

1 Like

Here just browsing the stellar lineup for my walking distance venue: