Stoked!

Working on a video for Decimal at the moment. We’ve had 3 or 4 filming missions so far and it’s going really well, I’m hoping for a release next year… we’ll see.

3 Likes

Needs to be longer than 12 minutes.

3 Likes

Just saying, I think Tim & Henry’s Pack Of Lies is only 8 minutes long.

Falling Down was 8.5 minutes long.

1 Like

I’ve got a toddler, do you think I’ve got the time to edit a video over 12 minutes! Ha!

2 Likes

But you’d watch that a few times in one sitting.

I paid £25 for thIs video, I’m getting my monies worth.

3 Likes

Got an interview with the one and only job I’ve seen. It’s basically identical to what I was doing before so hopefully I won’t turn into a crumbling mess.

7 Likes

You’ll ace it mate. Two things to remember:

1. You’re fucking good at what you do (and you have numbers to back that up).
  2. If you don’t get it, chances are it wasn’t right for you as much as vicer versa and something else will turn up.
  3. Whether you get it or not, learn from the experience. If nothing else it’s good practice for the next one, which might be better.
  4. Shit, that’s more than two.
2 Likes

But what if I just got lucky with my last PPC account!! The crippling doubt. Argh.

I mean it would be great to get straight into another job but I’m not destitute yet so I guess I shouldn’t put too much pressure on myself.

Cheers!

1 Like

That’s just imposter syndrome. Everyone gets that.

I’m a consultant and I used to start every day feeling completely crippled by self doubt, then get on my first call of the day and I’m like “oh yeah, I do know my shit!”. It gets better once you’re aware of it but never truly goes away. The way I reason with it is by thinking “this client wouldn’t be paying money for someone to help them do something if they could do it themselves. So I must be good, otherwise I wouldn’t be here.” Same goes for your interview!

You were at your last job for quite a long time right? And I think built your team/PPC strategy from scratch? That’s a pretty hard thing to fluke :slight_smile:

What he said. I’ve seen your CV, unless you were making it up that’s not fluke. Yeah maybe you had some good luck, but even so without a lot of hard work, skill and knowledge that’s not sustainable. It’s fine to have doubts, helps you keep sharp, but you need some self belief too.

And definitely don’t put pressure on yourself. The more you relax, the better you’ll do.

@Les_Zeppelin I get this all the time too, particularly in quiet spells, always wondering why I feel like Im falling behind. I usually put too much emphasis on the projects Ive fucked up my end pretty badly, but yeah, like Snurp said, if you really did suck, you wouldn`t be in the interview situation at the moment.

Just started re-grouting the bathroom.

hashtag midlife

3 Likes

Is that another way to say you’ve taken some time to browse the forum while taking a shit?

5 Likes

I’m re-grouting right now.

3 Likes

I re-grouted the patio today!
regrouters of the world, regrout and take over!

3 Likes

landed a fakie kickflip for the first time in a LONG time…

4 Likes

But was it over a gapped or regrouted slab?

3 Likes

My son has taken some tiles off the toilet wall in an attempt to address a crack he noticed.
He noticed this while he had the time to look around during re-grouting.
While fixing this crack he took 3 tiles off.
I’ve got to learn grouting in the grout room.