The Book Thread

Moby Dick is fantastic. Always liked Dave Carnie’s Melville allusions in Big Brother

1 Like

Just ordered this

So have I, now. First time PayPal’s suggested I leave a tip, too. Weird.

Yeah was asked that too, weirdly reminded me that new dancehall sevens were only £3 off the counter at Dub Vendor in 97/98.

Think a few of them are on this mix from 2005

1 Like

I just finished a book ( 4,3,2,1 by Paul auster)
and at 867 pages that shit was just too long, took me a month. I can’t even tell you if I liked it because it was such a slog.
I am now reading hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and at 178 pages it feels like a pamphlet, I’m already halfway through it.

I’m trying to work out the optimum page amount. I reckon around 400. Maybe 350.

1 Like

Any more update on this mate? Only just seen your original posts about it and it sounds like something I’d cut my own legs off to own and annoy my wife with by making her look at the pages and listen to me read bits out.

I read the Hitchhikers books earlier this year. For the first time, embarrassingly! Loved them.

I got the whole box set in a charity shop for a fiver. Know all about them but never actually read them.

Nice - once I was in I couldn’t put them down.

Don’t panic.

Don’t know if any of you have seen this but it’s pretty sick. Good selection of artists, pretty interesting little interviews.

2 Likes

Looks promising. I hadn’t seen it until your post - definitely interested in getting a copy. Had a quick search around and found the Artisan United mag on Seller Door. Did you get the book from NHS or elsewhere?

I don’t know where it came from, I know it’s through NHS. Maybe it’s not out yet, my mate Phil dropped it off to me yesterday. He’s in this and he was so stoked on it he brought me a copy :smiley:

1 Like

Found it here…thanks Google!

1 Like

Cool. That’s the only place I could find it too. The go to of Palomino came up blank. NHS might be the only outlet, I suppose, although that seems unlikely. I don’t have anything against ordering direct from them, just would rather have bought locally, so to speak.

1 Like

I just checked Shiner but can’t see it there. I’ll go ask if it’s coming in.

1 Like

Should be available through Shiner soon so your local skate shop will be able to get it at some point :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Good stuff. Cheers for that.

I see palomino got that Kyle beachy book.
By all accounts it’s the greatest thing ever put to print but by people who know the author and got it for free.
Anyone know if it’s actually any good?

(Phone corrected his name to be achy too lol)

He reads a bit from it here. Doesn’t do it for me, but I don’t like serious stuff about skateboarding.