The Board at Home Thread

Just been sent this link (cheers Geggs!) for an online simulator of loads of 1980’s Spectrum Games.

2 Likes

I have a Raspberry Pi set up with tons of emulators (including a Speccy one). Never play it, but it’s nice to know it’s there.

Ayrshire, Glasgow, Livi, Bristo and Wakefield mostly.

1 Like

In a word, yes! You’ll need a firewire card in the PC though, aside from that, it’s the same process as it was 10 years back.

Seem to remember years ago you could buy a CD (yes a CD) with an emulator and every single spectrum game ever made on it.

1 Like

Penetrator

1 Like

bog roll has found it’s way back to the shelves here. Been in two shops today and they were in both, almost fully stocked. It’s only the really good stuff, so not sure if it’s a cynical profiteering ploy or not, but either way I snapped up an 18-roller of pure luxury.

6 Likes

Triple ply?

oh yeah.

Been to shops a few times last week, plenty back in now. Need to get a shot of the Fallout 3 themed fancy dress queue out the front of Lidl…Someone in chemistry lesson style goggles, full face mask from a car paint spray shop and bright yellow wellies yesterday.

Shop staff trying to keep a straight face.

Shout out to the shop staff for keeping shops open! Without post nuclear waste land fancy dress…

Saw someone out for a walk on the beach yesterday, it’s not a busy beach either. Nobody within 100 metres let alone 2. Goggles and face mask. I’m pretty sure that you aren’t going to catch this wafting on the breeze. I think that there’s probably a good reason that this is really only a thing because of cities and other places where everyone’s rammed in like battery hens.

2 Likes

went to the tesco express near mine yesterday and it was fully stocked with barely anyone there, was quite pleasant tbh apart from the two crackheads who i saw walk out with a fully loaded trolley to bang into a waiting car just as i arrived

at first i thought the lad working was helping an old bloke out the store till i saw the guy turn the corner with it, the lass then runs out the shop after and out to the car. they basically went to the till with a full trolley (impressive cos it’s only a small shop) and then pretended like they were going to pay then went out separately, mental sunday morning gear like

The middle ply is sideways, to make it more rigid.

Do Andrex do a quieter, diamond ply?

Morph (Bridgend morph, that is) lent me his tapes (113 of them, that is) for a project he’s doing, as his capture cam bust or something, something.

I literally had no time to do that many, but there was a lot of good 'ol South Walian footy from 01 until 06 on the ones I managed to do.

He’s got the tapes back, so I wonder if he’ll get around to it with all this spare time…

It felt like such a laborious task, given that they weren’t mine. I do love capturing a tape after going filming since it’s dope seeing all the footy back. I guess when you’re only on tape 5 of 113 it’s really a PITA at that point haha.

Yeah totally get that. The vast majority of my tapes from the my time in the UK are still well archived as I never deleted the footage in the first place. The older Irish stuff is a different story, haha.

Anyone using that houseparty app? Quite fun. Really good to stay in touch with crew back in UK

Load of rumours floating around that people are getting hacked off the app, have a look into it yourself but watch out

Houseparty have just come out denying it btw

BBC News - Houseparty offers $1m reward for proof of sabotage