The Continually Updated Footage Thread

that was so fucking sick but I don’t think it’s actually possible to pick a worse tune than that to fit his stubby american high school jock steez

nollie hurricane though jaysussss

2 Likes

Remember he’s English though. Such an apt tune given his heritage.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

How/When did Birdhouse develop this jocky/tough guy vibe with their team? It strange considering its the complete opposite a vibe that Tony gives out but pretty much all of their team (minus Tony and Lizzie, and maybe Ben) are pretty unlikeable personalities.

It wasn’t like that during the early-mid 00’s, but whoever is picking the team this last decade really needs to stop.

Not that taken by this part. Music ruined it. And the fact he’s skating for England when…well, erm, that doesn’t help either. Noseblunt that big ledge, yes, fine, difficult, etc.

Basically don’t like the guy to start with and don’t really have a solid reason but it’s the internet so don’t need one.

Pass.

1 Like

Is he actually English? Where’s he from?

He’s about as English as Owen Hargreaves right?

2 Likes

He actually seems like a nice dude. I think the Birdhouse thing is down to Clint Walkers attitude on KOTR etc. The team does not look jock at all, It’s actually pretty rounded. I find Jaws cheesy as hell but he does some impressive things aside from his jumping down stuff, I don’t get a good vibe from Loy and Clint has been questionable but, it’s not enough to give Clive a hard time, the only opinion really should be about his style which is a bit whatever.

Even the band pretend that song isn’t in their back catalogue and no fan moans when it isn’t played at a gig, haha.

1 Like

Isn’t that more down to the fact that Radiohead fans these days prefer to pretend the two good albums they did (Pablo Honey and The Bends) don’t exist?

100%. Clint Walker being a bell end does not make the rest of the team “Jocks.”

I wouldn’t call Clint being a dick a “Jock” either, Clint’s the kind of dude jocks would have brayed for being a a gobby little dick.

I know you mean in terms of skating-style, but look at the behaviour during and after the first lipslide in this:

Clive is nearly as whack as Clint. Really horrible story in Gabriel Summer’s Bunt episode where he was in the van to see if he could get on Birdhouse around the time Trump was elected. All the others in the van start chanting ‘TRUMP!’ because he might legalise weed in California or something. They are all brainless.

Wow you’re not even going to included OK Computer in the ‘good albums’?

1 Like

not sure what behaviour you mean, it’s just cheesy American, you’d have to call most pro skaters out in that case. It’s not something i’m into or can relate to but I have been hyped when people land stuff and to some people that might look weird in the street.
He may well be a dick but I haven’t witnessed anything that would make me discredit that latest part.

1 Like

I’m surprising myself by thinking that my fave album is In rainbows. It’s absolutely solid. What band can say that they are coming out with top shelf material that many albums in? Can anyone think of any?
Love them or hate them, they are unique in the case that they are pushing themselves album on album and coming out with new sounding stuff.

Their newest, A Moon Shaped Pool has some great songs on it. All their albums do.

I wasn’t feeling Moon shaped pool, one day i’ll give it some more goes.

I bought it when it came out, swapped it a few weeks later for a ten bag.

It’s ok but the harmonies are odd and it’s just a bit “weird” for me. And although you can hear the same peculiar use of chord structures throughout the first two albums they were just much more “accessible.”

Was it Clive or Clint who destroyed that homeless dude’s tent set up cos it was in the way of him skating a spot? Can’t remember what video it was in.

Clint

I guess some people stopped listening to The Beatles after Help! too?