The Contest Thread

This is going to go on forever.
Did Team GB salutes roll through yet?
I thought i saw them but it was like 11 people.

1 Like

Yeah GB already been. Only 20 of their athletes paraded.

Nyjah and Alexis look like they’re going to make an appearance judging by their respective instagrams.

1 Like

Ah right.
Yeah I saw alexis’ insta and she was all Lo’d out.
I didn’t see Nigel’s, because Nigel.

1 Like

Omg that is the greatest thing ever

Nige’s Insta is well worth a follow for the lols.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has already been discussed but what day and when are the skate competitions on?

Oski to win men’s park is 11/1 on skybet?! Doesn’t seem totally unrealistic.

2 Likes

Men’s street is this Sunday 25th, followed by Women’s street on 26th. Women’s park is on 4th August, followed by men’s park on 5th August.

3 Likes

All on BBC1 and iPlayer

8 Likes

Damn that time difference! Will pop them on to record.

1 Like

Do you not remember when South Korea and Japan hosted the 2002 World Cup, people were going to pubs at 8am? I guess they have to live with the time difference a lot more than we do when it comes to big sporting events though.

Welcome to being a UFC fan. That’s a walk in the park.

Recording it works fine for me on this one. I’m interested but not interested enough to stop up that late.

1 Like

Gonna be weird seeing clips of a competition with no crowd .

Oh actually street league …

3 Likes

Yikes, last one in particular:

wow those are some of the worst skate photos ever. if that’s the kind of coverage we can expect the live events to have then it’s going to be awful

Fucking hell, isn’t Atiba over there?

Cmon its not new. The BBC did the same for the UK champs. The angles on the coverage and the replays were terrible

Maybe the donations are to pay for him to get there?

I hope Yuto wins, or indeed anyone apart from Nigel.

fair point fair point. you’d think the pinnacle of international sporting events would bother to hire cameramen who could film/photograph the sports properly

i think the first winter olympics that had snowboarding had similar issues (was that the last one? i forget). they had half pipe snowboarding and they kept cutting off bits of tricks because they weren’t raising the camera enough