Trick of the week 6, blinks curb bonanza

Extra points for the good crunch

1 Like

Howay Franc lad.

Wheres your curb?

And where’s your fresh footy for this? You recycled an old clip from GSD you cheeky bugger, hahaha. :kissing_heart:

Here’s 10 tricks at 10 this morning, before the scorching heat.

14 Likes

Fucking check out guy mariano at lockwood there

5 Likes

i think if we’ve learned anything from all of this, it’s that we should all go and live with franc in switzerland or wherever

3 Likes

And that he should make us all lunch when we get there

2 Likes

yes! it’s all falling into place. see you next week @franc

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words my friends!
I’d love to cook a meal for you guys.

1 Like

Wow, that bank to curb might just be my favourite obstacle ever. Seriously could never get bored of skating that.

Props on the back tail front shove. Never tried that one but can imagine it’s really awkward / hard to get it around?

After my career as a skateboarder, I’m gonna be an actor.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s super, super fun to skate! It would be the best thing ever if it was wider so we could do long grinds on it. Can’t complain though!

I had never tried to front shove out of backtails before and it was trickier than I thought, you really have to try to pop it to make it work, unlike a regular shove where you just scoop it.

Where you live always looks absolutely beautiful frank from what you post on here and instagram… it reminds me of where I grew up (the lake district) but with way better spots!! That bank to curb has my mouth watering.

genuine lols. that was brilliant. you should do some kind of youtube show where you interview famous past-it skaters in your living room with some buddies

The grasse is always greener! I kinda dream of retiring in the Scottish Highlands in 2050 or something. Haha. :upside_down_face:
The landscapes here are nice for sure, I love them. The country is pretty small and quite densely populated though so it’s kinda hard to find untouched nature in remote places (like in the Highlands or in Sweden for example), there’s always a fucking WW2 bomb shelter or some electric pylons here when you’re out in the wild. Not always, but you get my point.
This said, I have one of the biggest lakes in Europe and some rad woods on my doorstep and absolutely love going there for walks. Especially when it’s raining, I put my Mike Horn kit on and go out and that’s always really good for the soul.

Hahaha! Glad you liked it. Saw that Rick Howard trick in that new Gril vid a couple days ago, had to emulate it and this thread motivated me to go out and learnt it this morning.

Send them washed up old farts to mine! I’ll have a couple beers and start talking shit.

it’s crazy that of all the insane tricks in that girl video, the rick howard trick on the curb is the one that sticks in the memory. it really is how you do it (or just that it was Rick, who knows)

It was Rick!

I absolutely loved Simon Bannerot’s back D to anti Smith to axle stall to disaster on that gnarly ramp too but fuck doing that one!

i can’t even comprehend some of the tranny stuff in that video. i’d have to slow it down to even figure out what they were doing and even then i’d never be able to

i’ll stick to the curb

I want to learn some of those weird old school combos on tranny. I’m 37, I need to anticipate my midskatelife crisis.

While we’re at it, here are 3 tricks filmed at the same spot during the last few years. Funnily enough, the first one was also an emulation of something done on a curb in OZ (0:25 here).

https://streamable.com/jcj2m

6 Likes

7 Likes