Winter riding and board maintenance.

On a bike.

No just donā€™t skate in the wet.

3 Likes

Donā€™t skate in the wet. The boot has ruined my whip.

1 Like

I try to skate outdoors as much as I can and my bearings get pretty dirty during winter here. I try to clean them with a tissue regularly. And I always bring a skate tool as my bushings get really hard when temperatures are close to zero degrees.

1 Like

I live in West Yorkshire and it pisses it down here for about 9 months of the year, so donā€™t have much choice.

I live in Cumbria I still would ride in the wet. It ruins your board and just isnā€™t fun. You have LS10 in Leeds if youā€™re looking for an indoor park

1 Like

Undercover car park

Underground car parks, indoor skateparks, undercover spots.

Unfortunately thatā€™s just the way it is.

Or just skate in the wet and have a horrible skateboard.

Even riding on wet floor I canā€™t handle. asking for trouble skating in the wet, no matter what itā€™s made out of. Wheels wonā€™t grip, bearings will seize up, griptape will get ruined. Not worth it.

1 Like

2 Likes

After several heavily drunken posts that I had to delete Iā€™d kind of banned myself from posting, but reading this thread made me instantly think of Jon West in Duty Now - Foundation Duty Now For The Future - YouTube

About 10.13 markā€¦

3 Likes

Nuttersā€¦love it.

Not something I had seen before, made me laugh.

Part of the fun (for me) of skating is discovering spots. Most of the people on this forum are probably well skilled in finding places to skate when itā€™s wet. Google, maps, local knowledge - you gotta find undercover places. Top or bottom floor of an undercover car park. I cannot tell you how many hours of my life has been spent in car parks - easily 70% of my time on a board (and Iā€™ve skated almost everyday for over two decades)

Itā€™s good youā€™re asking these things but itā€™s all experience. Just try things and learn, youā€™ll be fine with a waterlogged deck right now, in a few years youā€™ll be horrified by a tiny patch of dirt on your grip

2 Likes

Fuck your bearings.

1 Like

That was nuts!
Well done filmer.

1 Like

Must be something in the air

Judithā€™s post got me thinking Iā€™d missed an obvious rain skate classic that wasnā€™t in that list.
Google didnā€™t help, but it did throw up thisā€¦
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qSvb3vpwE
But @Brian, bear in mind that these guys get free hardwareā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t stop watching this. The joyscream half way down is fucking ace!

2 Likes