Add gif reactions to posts? (Poll)

There’s an option to add reaction gif things to forum replies. So you’d hit a ‘gif’ button at the top of the text button, you do a search for a gif and can insert into post.

Yay or nay? (Results are anonymous)

• Yes I like GIFs
  • No I don’t like GIFs
  • I don’t care

0 voters

Please no. It’ll look like Slap. Or worse, Slack.

5 Likes

Do it one day a week.
Tuesday.

Gilf Tuesday.

All gilfs. All Tuesday.

2 Likes

mobile users with a data limit might not thank you

True. They’re converted to streaming video so should be a little easier on bandwidth.

I agree on the slap thing. It’s awful.

ah ok, a trial can’t hurt then

I did vote ‘i don’t care’. But this is why I don’t use slap. My little mind cant handle all the flashing lights.

Trouble with Slap is their use of massive gifs as sigs.

1 Like

Yep, it’ll be the odd gif now and again (hopefully). Not the Slap eyesore.

I dunno maybe it won’t be so widely used, but I feel like it encourages low effort comments. Some of the best discussions are when people react to stuff and explain why they feel a certain way about a certain issue, but it kind of kills it when people can just put a gif of someone shrugging or clapping or freaking out or whatever. I find slack/teams really annoying for the same reason. Although that’s work related. And this is specifically for avoiding work. So maybe not.

5 Likes

Also true.

You can turn that off though if you have a login there

Maybe we can give it a test period for like a month and then see if they work out ok

I don’t.
Looked at it for the first time in ages the other day to catch the drift of a post someone left in here.

Having thought about this - are you asking in terms of automating it Spanky?

If so, I’m not as sure as I was when I responded as it’s so easy to add your own gifs anyway using img tags.

2 Likes

is it?

Think I’m gonna leave it. If you’re that much of a funny bastard you should be able to do it with text.

2 Likes

That’s a .webm not a.gif