Advice/Feedback

Thanks for feedback. Some of the earlier stuff we posted we used digital mockups. Definitely nothing stolen on there though. We’ve got plenty of skating content which customers have sent us which we will be uploading.

Worked for the Wu Tang Clan

That’s got more of an ‘A’ sound at the end though.

Puts this quote into a whole new context

7 Likes

No, no, no… go create your own. Not little Johnny’s ollie down a three set that he sent in. I’d also stop throwing a hundred different designs at the wall, hoping one will stick. The brand is getting lost in the mix. You just need four or five solid designs that will help you build up brand association and awareness.

3 Likes

Back a good skateboarder. Someone good enough to be seen by lots to people. Build up a good reputation within the industry.

Lose the skulls boys. Its 2022. 3.48

5 Likes

Hahaha, I almost commented ‘it’s 1990 boys’ earlier :laughing:

I hate big prints and much prefer really small logos if they have to be there. Appreciate that at 44 I’m not the target audience for this stuff.

2 Likes

A few suggestions:

Nothing about the branding or product really says luxury to me. I would drop the luxury tag line and focus on using organic as a selling point - while both luxury and organic imply a higher price tag, I would presume organic is more attractive to your target market and it’s probably also easier to back up.

If you do go down the organic/renewable route I would think about whether you want to include products that have polyester in them, as obviously that’s not renewable.

Id suggest you redesign your word mark to better match your logo - I don’t think the combination of thick line vector skull and cursive italic wording really mesh.

I also think (and this is personal preference) your more simple, vector style graphics - like your early stuff on your Instagram - work better than some of your more recent designs. They’ve got a bit of a mid 00s scene vibe to them, eg. Dropdead/cupcake - and while not something I would wear personally, that whole pop punk/3rd wave emo look is coming back in a big way at the moment so you’d be tartgeting the right market.

Finally, as a lot of people have said - tidy up your feed. Drop the inspirational quote style posts and the visual mock ups. Post skateboarding and well shot product photos.

3 Likes

If you end up making millions I’d like a consultancy fee please

5 Likes

Not been through the entire thread but I expect feedback was pretty brutal. Had a quick flick through the insta, no thanks. Not my cup of tea. But to be honest most here have been round the block and seen all this stuff 100x before (as have I).

I know this probably isn’t what you wanted to hear but the ‘marketplace’ for this stuff is so crowded now it’s just a huge massive blur of shite.

4 Likes

Appreciate everyones feedback. Lots for us to take away. Some great points. Thanks

6 Likes

Thank you for actually asking for feedback rather than coming on trying to sell t-shirts, hats and jumpers then getting annoyed when you get feedback. As usually happens.

10 Likes

There was nearly something with wolves, fleeces and such.

Baccy Tin Aesthetic.

:crescent_moon:
:wolf:

Still gutted it didn’t come to anything.

I think about that thread every time I see a wolf fleece.

I recently considered getting one but didn’t pull the trigger in the end.

3 Likes

Careful. Slippery slope time.

You’ll get one for a joke, then the next thing you know you’re wearing to the shops.

Of course I would/will!

1 Like