Advice/Feedback

We are a new sustainable skatewear/streetwear brand. We are looking at new ways to engage with the community and get our brand out there. Currently we do most of our marketing via our instagram account but was wondering where you guys look when shopping new threads? Insta, Google, Facebook etc or?

The feedback from customers about our clothes has been extremely positive (all our reviews on Trustpilot are 5* plus loads of positive messages etc). Just need to up the exposure.

Any feedback/opinions would be greatly appreciated :call_me_hand:t3:

Let’s see the clothes then.

If the clothes are good and the designs are good and the materials are good and the pricing isn’t mental then they’ll sell. If not…

First problem, I think.

What is this? Boris Johnson telling us to fuck off, with stock Mickey Mouse hands and clown make-up? OK. People definitely think he’s a clown, but why is a sad clown telling us to fuck off? What’s happened? Is that what’s “Unprecedented”? Why is that in a synth-wave typeface, and your name on the top left looks like a watermark?

I love clothes and I wear them all the time but I wouldn’t wear this because it’s stupid. It looks like something from a market on holiday, but not funny enough to look deliberate.

Also why is it ‘Tiers of a clown’? There’s only one example here. Is this part of a series?

5 Likes

Guessing it’s pronounced ‘Jizzer’? Why?

That’s your first problem, you don’t know what your brand is, is it skate? Is it ‘Street fashion’? You won’t be able to form a company identity if you’re trying to be everything to everyone and pleasing no-one.

It’s also usually not a good sign if you are asking for business growth ideas on a forum.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 14.11.43

5 Likes

We use 100% GOTS certified organic cotton. Everything we have is either 100 % organic cotton or a combination of organic cotton and recycled polyester. The ink we use is water based and vegan friendly.

All of this makes our costs higher but we want to offer a better quality product without it costing you guys a fortune.

1 Like

You what? Do you think I’m incapable of reading something because I have a Scottish accent?

There’s a pretty well known rapper called GZA, so I’m basing it on how that’s pronounced.

1 Like

I genuinely thought that design was a forum PS joke

2 Likes

Yes it is Geezer. Long story short, while on a family holiday we came across a little skate/surf shop which is where the inspiration came from. We couldnt remeber the name of it and my son called it the ‘geezer shop’.

I wouldn’t say we’re tryjng to please everyone. We are 100% focussed on the skate community. Whoch is why i asked the question on here. Also not asking for business growth ideas, market research is what I would say. As our target audience, is there anywhere else you guys would look. Perhaps my orginal pist could have been worded better?

It looks cheap, and dated, and it’s really unoriginal. If you don’t know why having ‘Call Me’ on clothes aimed at skateboarders in 2022 is bad, you’ve got some work to do.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. We’re not going to be everyones cup of tea I get that.

If it’s all organic or whatever, maybe your designs could reflect that. Trees on it or something.

Would a tshirt with a tree on it be something you would wear?

Done you an original design for free mate.

5 Likes

No, but plenty of people would. Assuming the organic-ness is something you’re going to continue with, you should incorporate that into your logos and shit, since if people care about that stuff they probably enjoy announcing it.

1 Like

Would do better calling it straight “Geezer Clothing” and aiming the designs at 90’s inspired football Brian cants.

1 Like

Needs more carnivorous Bungles.

4 Likes

It’s amazing how you can get the models to strike the same pose over and over again. Your Insta is a mess of memes, other peoples products and yours, on stolen or stock model photos.
Visually it looks like that draw you keep old batteries and phone chargers in on the eye. Keep it clean, simple and your products only. I don’t see a lot of skateboarding going on too for a ‘100% skateboard focused company’.

4 Likes