All-time great comp runs thread

80’s Mullen? Penny/Radlands?

To start:

5 Likes

Rodrigo TX mystic cup.
I always liked Mike Santarossa radlands 94, it was sketchy and might just be the edit with come on Eileen too.
Blender obv
I always remember Tony Trujilo in a slam city jam before he was all Motley crue.
There is a cards or someone in Marseille.
Bob Burnquist’s bonkers switch fest ending in blunt flip out, can’t remember the comp.

1 Like
8 Likes

Birdman’s co-comms are great

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

There was a Pedro Barros run on an outdoor wooden vert that I can’t find but was like something out of thps. Absolutely massive corked-out mctwists and a load of other ridiculous shit. Anyone know which one I mean?

1 Like

I remember taping that when the xgames was shown on Channel 5 at like 3am. Watched it in awe before school and then took the tape in to school to share it round

The indy at 25 seconds is probably the gnarliest one ever done.

3 Likes

Nice one @anon83623327!

1 Like

He must be so physically strong to be able to get a pump like that.

1 Like

shame on me for not posting this already

5 Likes

Someone say Savannah Slamma?

2 Likes

Ah, YES! I love this vid.

1 Like

Gonz’s (confusing at the time) switch method, quick succession flatground ollies, boardslide up the rail, ‘nollie’ off a little box thing. All done it the dope outfit - Jordans, UCLA t, chino shorts. I thought he should have won then…even more so today.

1 Like

First thing that came to mind for me was this clip at 2:00 - not a full run but timeless!

https://youtu.be/v0BpgclgDoE

Natas was entered in the comp. skated in practice and tweaked an ankle or something. I have a feeling there’s a photo in Thrasher of him ollieing a fibreglass cow, (which was huge),off the flat during the practice runs. He gets bgp’s in the video wearing a matching fit to Gonz. Would love to have seen him have a crack at his comp run.

That last clip reminded how many stinking Brazilian midgets there used to be that would travel to every comp.

Forgot all their names now.

Something Junior, something De Souza.

I think this was the year before, BA and Reynolds are great:

2 Likes

I didn’t realise how bad some of those styles were until rewatching 90s radlands/munster comps again. Rodil Jnr and carlos de andrade maybe? Can’t remember. One of them had unusually long arms though, proper “Every which way but loose”