Art

I like looking at visual art, do you?
Post an artist’s work and little info…

2 Likes

Not a massive graff head but I liked this Tox tube map that went online and sold out in 40 seconds on Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyTBIv-IQQlgFZGJ_7H_tRqEv5wcw5Rihv9snI0/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

3 Likes

Ernst Hass is dead good at abstract street photos. He took a lot of photos in New York around the 60’s

1 Like

Evan Hecox is still one of my favourites. He can do more with line than many others.

4 Likes

Friend of mine who collects art introduced me to this guy whose work is imho incredible.
Check him out on insta

Sebas Velasco

4 Likes

Excellent choice! I’m pretty sure this guy travels and shoots all his own photos before make this paintings…which is pretty much taking the piss amounts of talent.

Not a single artist but I went to this photography exhibition last weekend:

Defo worth a look if you like nerding out at space related images.

I’m up in Glasgow next week with my lady, has anyone got any recommendations for galleries apart from Kelvingrove and the Modern Art Gallery?

1 Like

Went on a bit of a walk around Glasgow’s East End yesterday afternoon. Took me past a gallery in which a Danish artist had ‘installed’ 10 IKEA Billy Bookcases:

They were making some sort of comment about how in installing them it was the first time someone had touched the wood of the bookcases since the trees had been planted in Poland in the 1980s, and the globalised networks of business, manufacturing and distribution that had come in between.

Pretty daft but I enjoyed seeing Glasgow in the evening sun.

1 Like

This was David Dale Gallery, but probably not worth a visit! Just a small gallery. I have just moved up here so haven’t checked out many galleries but Tramway on the Southside, the Huntarian Art Gallery in the West End, and the Modern Institute in Merchant City are all on my list to check out. But no idea if they are any good!

I’m heavily influenced by Bridget Riley and people like Victor Varasely etc or should I say that I take influences from visions under the influence of mushrooms and they take me to similar places.
I wish I could take snapshots of the evolving ideas that I form, i’d really enjoy recreating the beautiful oddness.
I am convinced that Paul Klee was heavily into the same way for inspiration, (as do countless others I imagine) as I created a prolific mind catalogue of work that I was really excited about and when I came out I felt that I’d seen similar before and Klee came to mind. Lots of similarities. Unfortunately, very few hang around in memory and fade quickly.
I am working on a piece at the moment based on something that popped into my head and evolved just before sleep, sober.
People always think of the typical trippy visuals which is a disservice to what you can create in your head.

I have a few of his prints. This is the last one I bought that he recently produced. Only 100 made.

2 Likes

I have an original Evan hecox painting at home, cmoac

5 Likes

Some people steal a living!

1 Like

Ah nice one Dent, I’ve not heard of those - I’ll check thoem out online and see if we want to go to.

1 Like

Whilst we’re unsurprisingly talking about skate relater art. Who remembers Phil Frost’s artwork outside Slam?

3 Likes

The things people will do to avoid the new council charge for bulk uplift… Look out for an installation of soiled mattresses soon.

3 Likes

Yeah, good idea, get away with fly tipping by sticking a Tracey Emin plaque on it.

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like