Back to skateboarding after 10 years

I remember my first leg day. My second leg day was about 2 years after.

I went back out again for an hour yesterday did some warming up but my right knee cap feels like someone’s smashed it with a hammer it keeps giving out on my and I’m nearly falling over. So I think I’m going to have to call it quits it shouldn’t be this bad.

This guy is shilling for knee pills, guaranteed.

1 Like

Watch some of this to get you pumped for next time

Sidenote this guy has literally not aged in 26 years

2 Likes

Take a few day’s off and see how you’re feeling. I’m a year older than you and got back into skating start of June this year, without properly skating for a good 8 years. First few times I went out I wasn’t quite sure, but I kept going anyway and after a month I was feeling stronger than I did when I’d stopped at 20. I’m not even a street skater and learnt switch tres the other night. So you defo can teach an old dog new tricks! Not learned a flat ground trick since I was 14! Give it a bit of time though as for me coming back skating is as good if not better than the first time!

1 Like

You just signed up to flex on all of us didn’t you

3 Likes

Fucking hell, I’ve been trying to learn them since 1994, you’re doing all right mate

Nah, but I was in the same position as your man the first few times I went out this year and the joy it’s brought me sticking at it is amazing! Just letting him know it might be worth sticking to it. 6 hours on your first day back is gonna fuck anyone up also.

I’ll get there I guess just going to bear with it I don’t think I’ll ever get tre flips tbh they wind me up too much trying them haha I can get a hard flip to rotate better which is odd.

1 Like

I look forward to hearing/seeing about it!!! Good man! Proper gnarly exercise too which I didn’t really know. According to my Apple Watch can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour. But I skate alone and ain’t really sitting about. Dunno how accurate it is though!

I’m off for 3 months now damage in ligament from just skating somehow haha so yeah I’ve proper stuffed it.

Nah you got the itch back. Doc says 3 months you’ll be back on it after 2

Ah not good to hear!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFW_SecFvuy/?igshid=gprdz2zw2dgr

81 years old

2 Likes

Im just getting back into it myself. Nice to hear there are other 40 year olds still at it

3 Likes