Be kind rewind

great video.
pretty sure I got to see this because of man like @chasone

extremely stoked to find some of the Tommy G tracks on vinyl sometime later

1 Like

Didn’t this get premiered at the same showing as Second Hand Smoke, right before the main event?
Or maybe it was something else…

I don’t know. To the best of my knowledge both came out in ‘94, so it’s a definite possibility. Although, initially, they seem like an odd pairing, I could see that working as they’re so far removed from each other.

I got given a free copy of Amigos when I bought a 40s backpack and tee - I think it was probably the shop promo copy and the dude wasn’t feeling it. I lent it and Supreme’s first video, A Love Supreme, to someone years ago and they never came back.

Yeah, odd for sure but the pairing would have just been done by the distributor.

Thats rough losing both of those videos!

1 Like

I suppose they would have both been available through NDUK, so that makes sense.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHrBGUBTq4/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Those are some big tyres.

Anybody got a copy of this? Bit of a long shot I expect… Not sure it ever actually existed.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a curiosity. I didn’t go that much on Sk8 Action, (nevertheless I inadvertently ended up buying it each month), but have absolutely no recollection of seeing either that ad or the video. If someone does have a copy please upload it to Youtube.

1 Like

Same. I suspect it may have been advertised slightly more than it actually existed. Although I’m sure the footage exists. Or existed.

1 Like

Hope this is the right thread for this, but I got Underexposed uploaded again once I figured out the export settings + it’s on my other channel for archiving vids.

1 Like

I got Sk8 Action reguarly 89-91ish but don’t remember seeing that. Is it from before then?

It’s from December 1990.

1 Like

*spits tea Crob’s had his moments, but he’s never been anywhere close to Stenger’s league.

3 Likes

Travis Stenger was sick. There were so many amazing skaters in Toronto/Canada in that era.

Russ Milligan, Morgan Smith, Ted Degros…

All kind of overlooked considering how good they were.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, they’ve got a similar arm style on some tricks

Travis Stenger became one of the greats with a single part. Crob couldn’t even be measured using the same scale.

1 Like

Ben Chadbournes vimeo has loads of great edits, really enjoyed watching both of these again.

There is something about Hjalte’s skating that I can never get enough of. I think maybe it is the way he never seems to lose speed, he can do a full ledge back tail, and somehow he comes out just as fast he went in.

3 Likes

A couple of fellas on the Instagram surprised this existed. Maybe people haven’t really seen it:

3 Likes

Always liked Wade’s part in that