Be kind rewind

Got a Pavlovian urge to presume anybody called that is a bad person now.

2 Likes

L.A. County (2000).

1 Like

I have a soft spot for Western Edition. Only thing wrong with the Lookin’ Ahead DVD is that the print on the spine is the wrong way round and so you have to put it on the shelf upside down, grrrr.

Sort of related: Stream episode #35 Everyone Has a Gift (w/ Jabari Pendleton) by Vent City podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Damn the Natas one…oh wow.

1 Like

one of those I’d not got round to watching. mind-boggling

5 Likes

Took him a couple days to do apparently. And yes, it’s a single take

1 Like

That was unreal! What a champion.

1 Like

@Spanky ah, nice one!

@franc the trick consistency…
filming it can’t have been easy either

2 Likes

Wow, that My War edit is even better, totally amazing

1 Like

It’s seriously one of the most awe-inspiring skate vids I have ever seen.
I find that far more impressive than any banger that took 5 or 6 3 hour missions to film.
Technically, anyone could do any trick if they tried long enough. Doing that though… Fuck, the SSBSTS at J. Kwon alone is a banger. Mental.

2 Likes
5 Likes

read about this guy in Free. an enjoyable part of solid street skating

No idea how I ended up watching this part tonight but I’m glad I did. Such a solid bag of tricks, good style and even the song didn’t annoy me as much as it did when it came out. Must be getting old.

1 Like

MT as a kid was pretty sick. It’s just that as he grew up, that space which was meant to be filled with personality and ideas just was left as a void.

It became quite apparent about 8 minutes after Mind Field was released. There was some trace of old MT, but most was gone.

1 Like

Hadn’t seen that one in aeons. Yorkatron skating to The Talking Heads. So good.

2 Likes

Yorkatron is good vibes. I was reminded of Grant Patterson recently, still some of the cleanest nollie flips and tres ever committed to film and he went BIG too.

1 Like

Never paid much attention to him, he looked like a rollerblader.
I’ll check these sections out soon, thanks.

Grant Patterson is a G!

@llllloyd ’s pic of Coco Santiago posted in the insta thread jogged the ol’ memory…

5 Likes