Be kind rewind

Looking at the thumbnail on my phone I thought it was a young Ben Affleck.

1 Like

heh, just watched this, and logged in to post it.
its pretty much unedited, but its rather nice watching the session unfold, see what tricks get tried/ landed/ aborted.
some Rowley gems, plus bits from Fred Frempleton, JFowler, Muska. and a Penny sighting.
the narrator sounds eerily like Tim O’Connor

Love this part, some of the spots are so good, especially the one at 2.45

5 Likes

The footage of that dudes leg flopping around is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen in my life.

Unfortunately I remember that more than the actual JT leap of faith :nauseated_face:

Couldn’t watch any of the landings, makes my knees hurt and is just awful awful to watch. Any of them.

Haven’t watched this yet, queued up for when I finish the latest amazing Beagle Nine Club episode.

1 Like

Well worth a watch. The “if you can’t make a living out of it, it’s just a fucking game” man was a highlight for me.

2 Likes

Early PJ footage

https://youtube.com/@davediggs

2 Likes

PJ footage never fails to stoke. even Converse moonboot footage

a quick demonstration of 4 brilliant skateboarders:

i was hyped on the crowd hype, and then i thought of the bionic Radlands comp hype, and smiled to myself

2 Likes

Mad to think that Mike V has been an aggressive hormonal teenager for over 30 years.

4 Likes

Thom Hornung! Amazing section in the Scarecrow ‘Disturb not the Sleep of Death’ video too.

1 Like

Currently obsessed with watching as much SAD footage as I can find. The legs on this fella!

3 Likes

Gonna rewatch at lunch, but the with the chat on the odd Enjoi scenario these got brought up. From memory, they are great.

6 Likes

Bad music and bad editing but Salman’s skating was pretty rad.

2 Likes

thanks Slap, needed this

3 Likes

Not watching this because it’s Nine Club but that line in the black jeans and white/black Sals was so good.

It’s ok it’s just Wray talking through the whole thing

1 Like

Baby Austyn

I’m not sure. You provide two good examples from the early ‘00s but are there many more?

I see great shop videos as coming from every era really. They are more works of love and reflections of a scene’s hard work so aren’t as tied to company budgets and the cycles of boom and bust within the ‘skateboard industry’.

1 Like